This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi Channel

Helene

Not the Bolshoi Channel, but maybe should be.

Remember Chinara Alizade ?

I do !    😊

She looked to be having a great career at the Bolshoi. I believe that they even gave her Swan Lake. Then she put on some weight and they let her go. I always missed her.

Well here she is in 2019 dancing The Sleeping Beauty with the Polish National Ballet and from Act I (the only act that I’ve had a chance to watch) appearing lovelier than ever. (She enters at 39:30)

Good for her !   

Added: The Duet starts at 2:00:10  and she enters the Dream Scene at 1:22:10 

Thanks to Sophia at Dansomanie

Edited by Buddy

Oh thank thank thank you @Buddy for sharing this!  Absolutely I remember Chinara Alizade and I always thought she should be promoted.  Well it looks like she is more than prospering at the Polish National Ballet!  What a treat to get to see her dance a principal role.  Chinara makes an absolutely divine Princess Aurora.  Her legs and feet are mesmerizing to my eyes.  She also has such a beautiful face.  What a lavish production indeed!   

This was basically a feast for my eyes!

5 hours ago, ECat said:

Oh thank thank thank you @Buddy for sharing this!  Absolutely I remember Chinara Alizade and I always thought she should be promoted.  Well it looks like she is more than prospering at the Polish National Ballet!  What a treat to get to see her dance a principal role.  Chinara makes an absolutely divine Princess Aurora.  Her legs and feet are mesmerizing to my eyes.  She also has such a beautiful face.  What a lavish production indeed!   

This was basically a feast for my eyes!

I'm glad that you enjoyed the video, ECat.

In my post above I said that she was let go from the Bolshoi because of weight gain. I'm not so sure about that. She might have just left and I confused her with someone else.

The video is no longer available, but I'll try to post it again if it reappears.

1 hour ago, Buddy said:

I'm glad that you enjoyed the video, ECat.

In my post above I said that she was let go from the Bolshoi because of weight gain. I'm not so sure about that. She might have just left and I confused her with someone else.

The video is no longer available, but I'll try to post it again if it reappears.

You could be correct as I do not know why she left.  If she had gained weight, she certainly lost it as she looks like pure perfection to me.  Chinara is very feminine, strong, and gorgeous.

I remember Alizade too--I liked her very much the two or so times I saw her dance--admittedly in relatively minor roles. I had always thought she left the Bolshoi under her own steam and certainly it's wonderful she is getting to dance the ballerina repertory.  Sorry i missed the video....

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I had always thought she left the Bolshoi under her own steam

Yes. When Alizade joined the Bolshoi and was given the peasant pas de deux in Giselle and the Spanish dance in Swan Lake almost immediately, she probably thought she was doing pretty well. When 10 years later she was still being cast in those parts, she took a higher rank in Warsaw, was soon promoted to principal dancer and never went back to the Bolshoi. But she definitely wasn't fired. Her name was on those Swan Lake and Giselle cast lists at the start of the 2015 season, and then replaced after she appeared on the Polish National Ballet roster, although technically she remained a member of the Bolshoi for another two seasons.

Edited by volcanohunter
On 11/4/2020 at 3:43 PM, ECat said:

For the Chinara Alizade fans out there, myself included, here is a video from World Ballet Day with her being interviewed and some performance clips.  Her segment starts at 06:10 

Thank you for posting @ECat -- enjoyed seeing Alizade...and that production of Sleeping Beauty looks gorgeous!