This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Looking for 1 Royal Ballet Swan Lake Ticket March 11 or 12

I realized I will be in London these dates and dyyying to see Marianella or Osipova, would love to find a ticket. I live in South Africa so have never seen them live. I know they do the rush but hoping to get ahead of time. Does anyone know resell sites in the UK or for Royal Ballet? 

Edited by dancedancedance

As tickets go on sale months in advance of the performance dates to which they relate it is most unusual for the ROH not to receive tickets returned for resale for most performances. The ROH puts returned tickets on its website as soon as they are received. Returns are not held back for the Friday rush for the week in which the performance is scheduled to take place. My advice would be to keep an eye on the ROH website. Although returns, if any, tend to become available during the weeks immediately preceding a performance rather than six weeks before it, someone might return a ticket earlier than usual.  The tickets shown on the ROH website are genuine and they are sold at the original price which is not something you can say about tickets offered for resale elsewhere. As far as the casts you wish to see are concerned you might find it somewhat easier to get returns for the Nunez cast than the Osipova one for the simple reason that there is likely to be less demand for returns  from Nunez obsessed fans than Osipova obsessed ones with the result that there may be less temptation for purchasers to sell them at inflated prices on a resale site. Other reasons for trying for the Nunez cast are that Nunez is less likely to injure herself and be replaced at short notice than Osipova and you can be certain that Muntagirov has the artistry and the physical ability to dance the Prince. While Hallberg may still be an artist of note, sadly from what  little I have seen of him in performance at Covent Garden, his physical strength is somewhat uncertain.

I would strongly advise against using resale sites. A couple of days ago, out of idle curiosity, I had a look at a couple of such sites to see what the scalpers were charging for the next Osipova/ Clarke Onegin. There were tickets available. I saw somebody was trying to get over six hundred pounds for tickets for a part of the auditorium from which you would be lucky to have any view of the stage. The more expensive seats on offer although in posher parts of the theatre were not necessarily  going to offer much of a view of the performance either. The auditorium is horseshoe shaped and there are plenty of seats which while they may be acceptable for opera performances are all but useless for ballet.  

In answer to the enquiry about Ballet co Forum. It is a British based site.

Edited by Ashton Fan

It would seem that the ROH no longer uses the services of authorised ticket agents as it once did. Unlike the old one the current version of the website makes no reference to any authorised ticket outlets and states very clearly that tickets can only be obtained from the ROH box office. I shall be very interested to know if you get a more positive response from  the Ballet Co Forum website.

Edited by Ashton Fan

thanks everyone!! Will def avoid the resale sites, and I will let you know how it goes. Still struggling to make a Ballet Co account (I am based in South Africa and they seem to have the IP addresses blocked or something? Side note Nunez & Muntagirov  are coming to Johannesburg to dance Don Q in late MArch can't wait) I did see some Osipova tickets pop up but it was box seats and you had to buy the whole box. Any idea how crazy getting the Friday rush tickets are? I will be ready as soon as it opens up and checking for returns every day :)

The closer you get to the performance dates the more likely it is that you will find tickets appearing on the ROH website. In my experience the ROH puts tickets for resale on its site as soon as they come in. So while it may be true that returns are included in the Friday rush the point to note is that they are not held back until the date of the next rush. I see that the performances you want to attend are midweek ones so while I think that tickets can come in at anytime the days when you are most likely to strike it lucky are probably going to be the Monday and Tuesday of the week in which the performances are due to take place and the day of the performance itself.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Ashton Fan