This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BalletTalk through the years.

cubanmiamiboy

I was ruminating yesterday while browsing through old pages of BalletTalk. It has been 14 years since I joined, and what a great source of information has it been! Needless to say, there have been countless of posters who have contributed immensely to the bulk of this site with their viewing experience and knowledge. Some of them are gone to the heavens now...some others just stopped writing, but I certainly remember them all very well. So my big appreciation to some of the names I can think of from the top of my head.

Mel Johnson-(RIP), PopularLibrary-(RIP), Carbro-(RIP), Estelle, Solor, PapeetePatrick, bart, Hans, Leigh Witchell, Leonid-(oh...how do I miss his posts!), Doug Fullington, atm711 and many others.

From the bottom of my heart, thanks to all!

Thank you so much to all of the board administrators and ballet fans who add so much to this site.  Ballet Talk brings me so much pleasure on a daily basis to be able to be "in the know" about so many different ballet dancers, companies, and to have access to the extensive knowledge of so many balletomanes.  I have deep gratitude to everyone who has contributed to this and to those who continue to keep it running so well.

Ballet Talk allows us to have the stats and info the same way that sports fan have about their favorite players and teams.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:30 PM, ECat said:

Ballet Talk allows us to have the stats and info the same way that sports fan have about their favorite players and teams.

I've had several conversations with sports writers about how they cover their beat -- I haven't yet referred to "the stats" when it comes to dance, but tickled to see it here!

19 minutes ago, sandik said:

I've had several conversations with sports writers about how they cover their beat -- I haven't yet referred to "the stats" when it comes to dance, but tickled to see it here!

Thank you!

In terms of stats, I suppose it's just nice to be in communication with other like-minded ballet lovers who enjoy staying up to date on all things ballet!  But it would be fun to have "fantasy ballet" leagues!!!

14 minutes ago, ECat said:

But it would be fun to have "fantasy ballet" leagues!!!

We have, from time to time, indulged in fantasy casting and programming.  Several years ago, when the summer performance calendar was less plump, we would often have the online equivalent of the dog days conversations (a term from old-school journalism -- stories about stray dogs and other things in the summer when it was too hot to do other reporting).  If you have a wish list for your local company, or a more ambitious wish list for a company to be created later (call it "If I Were Diaghilev"), bring it forth -- we'd love to see it.  And perhaps it will kick start some other commentary.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, sandik said:

We have, from time to time, indulged in fantasy casting and programming.  Several years ago, when the summer performance calendar was less plump, we would often have the online equivalent of the dog days conversations (a term from old-school journalism -- stories about stray dogs and other things in the summer when it was too hot to do other reporting).  If you have a wish list for your local company, or a more ambitious wish list for a company to be created later (call it "If I Were Diaghilev"), bring it forth -- we'd love to see it.  And perhaps it will kick start some other commentary.

Actually I had started this thread: 

https://balletalert.invisionzone.com/topic/45241-ballet-wish-lists-for-companies/?tab=comments#comment-421302

Your idea of naming it "If I were Diaghilev" is fantastic!