This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Eleonora Abbagnato Retires from Paris Opera Ballet

ECat

Etoile Eleonora Abbagnato will be performing Le Parc on December 23 for her farewell performance.  IMO this will be a lovely ballet for her to exit with.  There is a great video on the Paris Opera website on this link.  

https://www.operadeparis.fr/en/magazine/parcours-detoile-with-eleonora-abbagnato?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&utm_term=_

Edited by ECat
Wanted to add more info
5 hours ago, Josette said:

I hope Eleonora Abbagnoto gets to dance her scheduled farewell performance on the 23rd, but . . .

It's not looking good at the moment. For the Raymonda run of shows, the company performed once and the next 10 shows were all cancelled.

5 hours ago, Josette said:

I hope Eleonora Abbagnoto gets to dance her scheduled farewell performance on the 23rd, but . . .

It's not looking good at the moment. For the Raymonda run of shows, the company performed once and the next 10 shows were all cancelled.

Hi, miliosr -  I know, I have a friend who was in Paris with tickets for both Le Parc (with Ganio) and Raymonda.  Dorothee Gilbert got great reviews for that one performance of Raymonda.    

I have tickets for Mayerling in May.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, miliosr said:

The Opera will be cutting it close as far as Abbagnato's retirement is concerned. Four of her scheduled performances have already been cancelled.

And her farewell is cancelled. The strike roils on . . .

Eleonora Abbagnato has announced on her INSTAGRAM May 18th as the new date for her farewell . It will be a special evening including the Défilé and pieces by her favorite choreographers (Robbins, Petit, Neumeier, Preljocaj)  

4 hours ago, silvermash said:

Eleonora Abbagnato has announced on her INSTAGRAM May 18th as the new date for her farewell . It will be a special evening including the Défilé and pieces by her favorite choreographers (Robbins, Petit, Neumeier, Preljocaj)  

Thank you for the update!  I am delighted that Eleonora can have a proper retirement performance dancing some of her favorite ballets.