This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New SFB website (and I'm not impressed)

It looks like SFB has a new website.  I wasn’t crazy about the previous one, but this one seems to have some problems.  I'm curious to know it anyone else is experiencing similar issues before I report it to SFB.  I'm using Safari High Sierra on Mac, so maybe that's the problem, but it's hard to believe such a widely used platform wasn't thoroughly tested.  

-Choosing your own seats takes quite a while to load.  Actually, everything seems to be very slow to load, slow to the point I finally just gave up trying to browse the new site.

-Once the seat selection screen does finally load, I can’t find the camera view showing how the stage looks from different seating areas.  Not critical, but it was nice to have.

-During payment, the billing address that popped up is 30 years old (the more important mailing address was OK, but still…)  Strongly suggest carefully checking any auto-filled information.

-After completing the purchase, got a message asking if I wanted to add the dates to my calendar.  “Sure” said I, little suspecting.  Now there’s a popup labeled ‘Progress’ which has not made any progress in the last hour; no ‘Cancel’ button; my calendar displayed when I gave the go-ahead and is now frozen and can’t be closed.  I tried shutting down the computer, but can’t because … the calendar is open.  Can’t close the calendar so … can’t shut down the computer.  Will need to unplug, which is hardly the most graceful way to exit.  Arrrggghhh!

Thanks for the heads up, PeggyR. I'm not noticing any issues at present (with Firefox and Safari), but that doesn't mean you didn't run into real issues. The various power outages in CA have affected Internet connectivity off and on.

I'm used to the "download to calendar" option being a download (to your Desktop or wherever) that has to be run manually to add the date to your particular calendar. I'm not sure what has been implemented on the SFB website. Here's the website contact address:

Website Feedback & Questions
If you are having technical difficulties with or have feedback for our website please email web@sfballet.org

On Oct. 29,  I tried accessing the website through an email I received about advance purchase and got nowhere.  On Wednesday, I got an email giving me an access code that did not work.  I finally called the box office about two hours ago and bought the tickets that I wanted. 

47 minutes ago, Josette said:

On Oct. 29,  I tried accessing the website through an email I received about advance purchase and got nowhere.  On Wednesday, I got an email giving me an access code that did not work.  I finally called the box office about two hours ago and bought the tickets that I wanted. 

Definitely contact SFB about an access code that doesn't work. They'll need to figure out where the problem lies ( in the email, the website database, etc.).
Possibly SFB's web team changed more than just the interface of the website - there may have been deeper changes to the eCommerce portion of the site.