This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi Swan Lake Chicago Tickets June 2020

Buddy

Presale tickets became available today. I don’t remember how to get access to this offer, but I got a message today on the internet and did get tickets. The closet seats are in the Back Orchestra starting around the 14th row. In this section there were a lot of seats available. I didn’t check other sections.

Open to everyone tickets go on sale Friday. This might make some seats available in the Front Orchestra, I was told by the theater. Prices may go up as well.

They didn’t know when casting would be announced.

It will be at the Auditorium Theater. Here is some contact information. 312.341.2300, or by email at info@auditoriumtheatre.org

The Congress Hotel is across street. I stayed there maybe fifteen years ago and thought that it was fine. The man at the ticket office said that he thought it would be fine also. If you do want to stay there don’t get a room in the back of the hotel which faces the elevated train nearby and would be very noisy. The man also said that there’s a Hilton nearby that is recommended.

Added:

This link posted previously by Mussel might get you presale access.

https://tickets.auditoriumtheatre.org/production/2402/19-20-bolshoi-ballet/

Also see:

https://balletalert.invisionzone.com/topic/44624-bolshoi-swan-lake-chicago-jun-2019/

Edited by Buddy

Since the date has been corrected at the original posting of this event, "Bolshoi Swan Lake Chicago Jun 2020", I'm going to continue my general discussion there.

https://balletalert.invisionzone.com/topic/44624-bolshoi-swan-lake-chicago-jun-2020/

I'm also going to change the title of this one to "Bolshoi Swan Lake Chicago Tickets June 2020" from "Bolshoi Ballet Swan Lake Chicago June 10-14, 2020" .

Edited by Buddy
On 10/14/2019 at 1:20 PM, Buddy said:

The Congress Hotel is across street. I stayed there maybe fifteen years ago and thought that it was fine. The man at the ticket office said that he thought it would be fine also. If you do want to stay there don’t get a room in the back of the hotel which faces the elevated train nearby and would be very noisy. The man also said that there’s a Hilton nearby that is recommended.

Good point about the train!  I do have friends who can sleep anywhere, but for the rest of us, beware. 

Also, the former Congress Street, recently renamed Ida B. Wells Drive, between the Congress Hotel and the Auditorium, gets heavy traffic, so visitors might better consider the east side of the Congress, on Michigan Avenue, with a nice view of Grant Park and Lake Michigan beyond, and less noise trapped and building up between the hotel and the theater building.

There are actually two Hiltons in the neighborhood: the luxurious Hilton Chicago is two block south on Michigan Avenue, also affording views of the Park and farther from Wells Drive but also exposed on the back to the dreaded "L" trains; and the moderate Palmer House, four blocks north up Wabash Avenue, above which those trains rumble and squeal and facing State Street - no trains but plenty traffic - on the other side.

So, a room in the Congress in the south-east corner of the building might be the best value. 

Edited by Jack Reed
1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

So, a room in the Congress in the south-east corner of the building might be the best value. 

Hi, Jack, and thanks for the added information. I, who probably prize peace and quiet more than anything at a hotel, get an inner court room at the Congress, which has worked just fine.

I'm really looking forward to the performances, having missed them completely in London this summer. And as you notice I got a good head start.

Again, a reminder that general public tickets go on sale tomorrow, Friday.

Edited by Buddy