This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Agrippina Vaganova

Is anyone familiar with the geneaology of Agrippina Vaganova? I have been able to determine that she had one son, Aleksandr Pomerantsev, but I cannot trace her family any further with what I know. Did Aleksandr have any children? It appears that Aleksandr did not follow his mother's pursuits and did not live a life involved with ballet. Does anyone know if that is correct? While her biographies are filled with the details of her professional life I have yet to find information about her child or subsequent grandchildren. Thank you.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:48 AM, Polar said:

Is anyone familiar with the geneaology of Agrippina Vaganova? I have been able to determine that she had one son, Aleksandr Pomerantsev, but I cannot trace her family any further with what I know. Did Aleksandr have any children? It appears that Aleksandr did not follow his mother's pursuits and did not live a life involved with ballet. Does anyone know if that is correct? While her biographies are filled with the details of her professional life I have yet to find information about her child or subsequent grandchildren. Thank you.

Did you see this?

https://beautifulrus.com/agrippina-vaganova-queen-of-variations/

From this:

Personal life
Vaganova connected her life with the tsarist army colonel Andrei Alexandrovich Pomerantsev. The marriage was not official, as Pomerantsev didn’t divorce his first wife.
In 1904 Agrippina gave birth to their son Alexander. You know, Vaganova’s granddaughter Lyudmila also became a ballet dancer.

Like anything else from the internet, take such information with care, doing your own research. The article mentions a 2010 Russian documentary, Agrippina Vaganova: The Great & The Terrible, which may be the source for the above info? It may be interesting to track that doc. YouTube?

Adding:

The tsarist army colonel, Andrei Alexandrovich, may have been connected to the famous architect Alexander Pomerantsev, who would have been old enough to have been Andrei's father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pomerantsev

Edited by Roberta
adding the link to the architect's Wiki bio

In that documentary of 2009 if I don't remember wrong, there is a guy (sorry for not remembering his name) that worked with Semenova on the recording of a Vaganova's class (which I've never been able to find) who says that Agrippina's family left Russia, and he was told to stay in charge of her house and things. He then goes on to show Agrippina's author copy of her first book and tell some more things. It's an amazing documentary, I haven't found a better one about her. There are a few books on her memoirs and some russian articles written for Vaganova Academy Vestnik, but I haven't read them yet, I'm usually more interested in more technical stuff.