Sign in to follow this  
MadameP

PROMOTIONS 2019/2020

Two promotions at Mariinsky Theatre today.  Anastasia Nuikina and Victor Caixeta are both promoted to Second Soloist, bypassing the Coryphee rank.  

Edited by MadameP

I could be wrong but I also believe Yana Selina jumped from Coryphée to Second Soloist, though I am not entirely sure. 

16 hours ago, annaewgn said:

I could be wrong but I also believe Yana Selina jumped from Coryphée to Second Soloist, though I am not entirely sure. 

Selina has long been a second soloist.

28 minutes ago, MadameP said:

Maria Ilyushkina was promoted to Coryphee today.

I just saw this on Instagram--congratulations to her! 

Vladimir Shklyarov has just announced on instagram the promotion of his wife, Maria Shirinkina, to First Soloist!   FINALLY!!!  She is one of my favourites!

21 minutes ago, MadameP said:

Vladimir Shklyarov has just announced on instagram the promotion of his wife, Maria Shirinkina, to First Soloist!   FINALLY!!!  She is one of my favourites!

One of mine too. Good to hear. Thank you. 

I can remember telling her at a reception at the beginning of her career, that I thought that she was a beautiful dancer. I've been telling her that even since at ongoing receptions.

Edited by Buddy

Some really great news today - Maria Bulanova has been promoted to Second Soloist, bypassing the Coryphee rank!    She is a wonderful, dramatic ballerina with real presence on stage and acting ability!   I am so pleased for her, and hope to see her in many more roles now!  Congratulations!

Sign in to follow this