This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2020 Nutcracker Costa Mesa

20 hours ago, California said:

Just posted by ABT: Hoven and Copeland nail the torch lift. Nice to see more non-Russians doing this.

Copeland just reposted the clip on her own Instagram. Looks like Copeland-Hoven have three performances in Costa Mesa. So that's two of four pairs posting rehearsal clips of the torch lift (the other being Boylston-Bell). Of course, the others might still do it, too. Wish I could see a few performances this  year!

https://www.abt.org/performances/master-calendar/

47 minutes ago, California said:

Copeland just reposted the clip on her own Instagram. Looks like Copeland-Hoven have three performances in Costa Mesa. So that's two of four pairs posting rehearsal clips of the torch lift (the other being Boylston-Bell). Of course, the others might still do it, too. Wish I could see a few performances this  year!

https://www.abt.org/performances/master-calendar/

I recall from reports last year that Forster and Shevchenko nailed it.

I was fortunate to catch today's matinee.  Lane is not my favorite dancer but the overall experience was fantastic.  The theater, staff, parking, etc. were all a great experience with my family - we had 10 so it was a big deal.  The show did not disappoint.  I love that ABT comes to California to put on this production and shares - very important.  And to bring home Misty Copeland is a treat.  I was sorry I did not have time to see her performance.   Wishing them all the best this season!

18 hours ago, AB'sMom said:

Is it nitpicking to point out that it isn’t Nutcracker footage playing over their conversation about Nutcracker?

The same thought crossed my mind as well.  Schevchenko looked divine in the Swan Lake footage but it would seem to make more sense to be showing Nutcracker footage.

On 12/8/2019 at 3:40 PM, LadyBubbles said:

Vdeo is up now

Torch lift was a struggle and almost didn't happen, but he managed to get her up. I'm sure it will be fine with a bit more rehearsal and once they get their timing right.

If you follow Aran Bell on Instagram, he just posted a Story recorded from the wings with a very nice torch lift.

9 hours ago, California said:

If you follow Aran Bell on Instagram, he just posted a Story recorded from the wings with a very nice torch lift.

I was at the performance last night. The torch lift was spot on and thrilling. It was a lovely performance by both Bella and Aran. He is a future big star. 

7 hours ago, MoMo said:

I was at the performance last night. The torch lift was spot on and thrilling. It was a lovely performance by both Bella and Aran. He is a future big star. 

Very glad to hear this! I've had my eye on him this past year and hope to see many of his performances at the Met this spring.