This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I don't read Rolling Stone much any more, but I recently became aware that the magazine has given David Crosby an advice column titled "Ask Croz." Naturally I wanted to share this with our readers here. Need help in sorting out life issues, Ballet Alerters? Croz is here for you!

Now that Crosby has his space, it seems to me that a rival columnist is called for. I’m open to suggestions. I think “Ask Keef” has real possibilities.

I've just looked in on this again after quite awhile.  I guess that he's quite a debatable personality, of which I know little. Whether I agree with all that he said, he was the only person who really spoke up, and glowingly, on the Dick Cavett show, the day after Woodstock. He does seem to have some worthwhile things to say.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/david-crosby-advice-column-drugs-heroin-weed-885241/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/david-crosby-ask-croz-open-marriage-anti-vaxxers-852099/

Edited by Buddy

David Crosby's advice seems very solid, much of it field-tested in his own life, very sensible about sobriety. More effective in video version than in print. He now looks and sounds a bit like his father Floyd Crosby, from whom I once took a camera course. Don't remember much of the senior Crosby's advice that except that he once complained about Hollywood cameramen who would shake the camera while mounted on a heavy tripod to give the film a bit of a New Wave look. Regret that I didn't ask him about his experiences with Robert Flaherty, Pare Lorentz and Orson Welles.

Crosby still has his moments - not too long ago he had a total meltdown with a radio interviewer after taking exception to some unoffending if overfamiliar questions.

I forgot about Crosby's father having been a cinematographer. Won an Oscar, if I remember correctly.

I guess that he's quite a debatable personality,

He has successfully alienated virtually everyone he ever worked with. He does seem to bring new meaning to the concept of self-absorption. Sings sweet harmonies, though.