This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Jerome Robbins, by Himself

I hope this hasn't been posted elsewhere. I am looking forward to the new book about Jerome Robbins:  Jerome Robbins, by Himself: Selections from His Letters, Journals, Drawings, Photographs, and an Unfinished Memoir by Jerome Robbins and Amanda Vaill. It will be published on October 1, 2019.

N.

I didn't know either until I accidentally stumbled across the title on Amazon. Amanda VaillI is not publicizing it very much on her Twitter account or elsewhere although there are scheduled readings in October. 

I read in I Remember Balanchine that Robbins was working on his memoirs because he did not give an interview for that wonderful book. Apparently, he never finished them. I hope it will be like Christine Conrad's Jerome Robbins: That Broadway Man, That Ballet Man where readers see photos of Robbins' diary entries, paintings, photographs, and collages, etc. And maybe there will be more information about his relationship with Tanaquil Le Clercq, Balanchine, and others.