Casting is up for the SPAC engagement. Nothing new in the way of debuts, except for Veyette as Dr. Coppelius. Also no sign of Tiler Peck. But, I am happy to see Adrian Danchig-Waring will be back to dancing Apollo. 

4 hours ago, cobweb said:

Casting is up for the SPAC engagement. Nothing new in the way of debuts, except for Veyette as Dr. Coppelius. Also no sign of Tiler Peck. But, I am happy to see Adrian Danchig-Waring will be back to dancing Apollo. 

Do you think his Apollo is worth attending the gala for? I'll probably see Principia  on the Wed. night performance and have little interest in seeing This Bitter Earth again.

13 hours ago, FPF said:

Do you think his Apollo is worth attending the gala for?

Whether it’s worth it depends on the ticket price and how that fits into your ballet budget, but I can say that Danchig-Waring is a very compelling performer and an excellent Apollo. He was out with a significant injury since he last danced it (in NY at least) but he looked back in great form during the spring season. Please report back if you go!

Posted (edited)

You can use promo code JULY4 to get 25% off NYCB opening night (7/16) tickets at SPAC. Promo code expires 11:59 pm July 7th.

Edited by FPF
more details

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2019 at 3:10 PM, cobweb said:

VERY disappointed to see that Maria is not dancing Mozartiana. I’ve been out of the loop a bit - I hope she’s not injured? I’m seeing both of those performances and one Coppelia, July 20 mat. Perhaps I should just stay there on Thursday after the matinee and see the first cast of Coppelia with Megan Fairchild. 

And is something going on with Tiler Peck? 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, FPF said:

You can use promo code JULY4 to get 25% off NYCB opening night (7/16) tickets at SPAC. Promo code expires 11:59 pm July 7th.

Thank you, FPF, I received that offer, too, but alas, I had already purchased my tickets. 

Edited by KarenAG
Spelling and clarity

Maria got injured at the end of spring season. Tiler Peck was out all of spring season with an injury.

4 hours ago, canbelto said:

Maria got injured at the end of spring season. Tiler Peck was out all of spring season with an injury.

Thank you for the update, Canbelto. So sorry to hear of these injuries 😔

SPAC has started to release this year's promotional videos counting down to the NYCB season on its youtube channel. The first two are choreographed by Emily Kikta and Lauren Lovette. Here they are:

I’m so glad to hear that. Her injury was one of the most upsetting things I’ve ever seen on stage and I was worried that it might have ended her career. She’s a lovely dancer.

In the finale of Mozartiana last year she fell and screamed out loud. I don't know for sure what happened but I think it was her ankle. She was able to hobble off-stage while the rest of the cast finished the ballet. I've seen injuries but never ones that could make a dancer scream in pain in the middle of a ballet. They have an extremely high pain tolerance. 

Saratoga casting is updated. Aaron Sanz and Claire Kretzschmar are out, replaced by Preston Chamblee and Sara Adams. 

I'd love to hear reports from anyone attending.