This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Catherine Hurlin of ABT

abatt

I enjoyed the article (and I've loved watching Hurlin dance), but it's just unfortunate that this is week 6 of the Met season, and we've so far gotten only two reviews. Not so long ago, we'd get one for most every opening night, and for major ballets sometimes another later in the week.

Edited by nanushka
30 minutes ago, nanushka said:

I enjoyed the article (and I've loved watching Hurlin dance), but it's just unfortunate that this is week 6 of the Met season, and we've so far gotten only two reviews. Not so long ago, we'd get one for most every opening night, and for major ballets sometimes another later in the week.

They don't think anyone cares about ballet reviews any more

7 minutes ago, aurora said:

For all I know, they may be right. I imagine they must have been tracking and comparing page views on reviews vs. other dance articles for quite some time now. Still, it’s disappointing.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:04 PM, aurora said:

Because no one is clicking on them. The shift away from reviews has been going on for some time. Still, the NYT actually continues to employ dance critics, which is something these days.