This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I hope that some on this site will find the following information of interest. Opus  Arte has announced that in July 2019 it will issue an all regions DVD covering the syllabus for the Enrico Cecchetti Diploma. It is expensive but the DVD contains the best part of four hours of material based on the syllabus for the diploma.

The initiative is supported by the current Artistic Directors of the Royal Ballet and Birmingham Royal Ballet and I understand that the DVD includes a section in which Kevin O'Hare and David Bintley talk about the Cecchetti Method. There is an introduction by Darcey Bussell who is the current President of the RAD. The dancers seen on the DVD are James Hay, Chisato Katsura and Romany Pajdak from the Royal Ballet and Ruth Brill, Brandon Lawrence and Lachlan Monaghan from Birmingham Royal Ballet. 

Interesting indeed.  It's not as popular a training style now as it has been in the past, but you can certainly see parts of it in choreography all over the place.  I'm always curious to see how dancers who are products of one school grapple with work that comes from another tradition.