This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB 2019 Miscellaneous

Well I don't doubt what Braylock-Olivier is writing, but I think this policy must only be affecting Nutcracker costumes (or certain costumes). I don't recall seeing censored photos like this before. Even so, it's a policy that interferes with SFB's visual presentation to the world. Images of censored costumes are neither positive nor professional looking. And insisting that there can't be any informal (unofficial) photos of the dancers wearing their costumes is obnoxious. Reminds me of the Balanchine Trust's old policy of yanking any video footage of Balanchine ballets from the Internet. (Great way to make an impression and educate young people about the beauty and "importance" of your repertoire!)

Note: Braylock-Olivier does have a photo of herself in the Sugar Plum Fairy costume online, and I've seen photos of various dancers in their Snow Queen costumes.

On 12/29/2019 at 2:54 PM, pherank said:

Note: Braylock-Olivier does have a photo of herself in the Sugar Plum Fairy costume online, and I've seen photos of various dancers in their Snow Queen costumes.

I believe that she's guested elsewhere as SPF, but I don't think she's ever danced it at SFB.