This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SAISON 2019 2020 Ballet du Bolchoï 19/20

Sorry, I couldn’t find an English copy!

SAISON 2019 2020
Ballet du Bolchoï 19/20

information link: https://www.pathelive.com/programme/ballet-du-bolchoi-19-20

Pour célébrer cette 10ème saison anniversaire du Ballet du Bolchoï au cinéma, les Étoiles de la compagnie vous offriront des émotions intenses à travers les titres les plus populaires du répertoire. Des amours contrariées de Raymonda à l’aventure exotique du Corsaire, en passant par la magie festive de Casse-Noisette et la passion tragique de Roméo et Juliette, les plus belles histoires se danseront sur la scène du Bolchoï. Le Lac des Cygnes ne manquera pas de vous enchanter avec une nouvelle distribution en direct de Moscou. Retrouvez aussi l’incontournable Giselle dans une nouvelle production du chorégraphe phare Alexeï Ratmansky, ainsi que le scintillant Joyaux, la création de George Balanchine. Vivez le meilleur du ballet classique accessible au cinéma en direct de Moscou.

Dimanche
27 OCTOBRE 2019
RAYMONDA
En direct de Moscou

Dimanche
17 NOVEMBRE 2019
LE CORSAIRE
Filmé à Moscou

Dimanche
15 DECEMBRE 2019
CASSE-NOISETTE
Filmé à Moscou

Dimanche
26 JANVIER 2020
GISELLE
En direct de Moscou

Dimanche
23 FEVRIER 2020
LE LAC DES CYGNES
En direct de Moscou

Dimanche
29 MARS 2020
ROMÉO ET JULIETTE
Filmé à Moscou

Dimanche
19 AVRIL 2020
JOYAUX
En direct de Moscou

35ba169.jpg

Anyone else see this Le Corsaire repeat yesterday? I didn't catch most of the cast but Medora was Ekaterina Krysanova and Conrad was  Igor Tsvirko. 

I didn't know anything about this production coming in, got there a few minutes late, and was very confused by how very different this was from the Kirov production I saw in person and on video around 1989 and the very similar ABT production. For example, there was no Gulnara up to that point and no Ali. And some of the steps seemed different than I remembered. Then I came back toward the end of the first intermission and saw Alexei Ratmansky being interviewed and realized that this was a reconstruction.  

The Jardin Anime was wonderful (but not for everyone--a woman sitting in the row behind me commented that "they really didn't need that last part"). On the whole, I really enjoyed this production, lots of beautiful dancing. But I found the anti-semitism in the portrayal of Lanquedem really disturbing.