This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

RDB season 2019/2020

Next season's repertoire for the RDB was announced this morning:

Queen of Spades (Scarlett)

Blixen (new full length by Gregory Dean)

Nutcracker (Balanchine)

Ballet de Luxe - Act 3 of Raymonda/Ballo della Regina-/August 2.0 ("a respectful nod to August  Bournonville, bringing the master's choreography into the 21st century" - arranged by Dinna Bjørn and Nikolaj Hubbe)

Mahler's 3rd Symphony (Neumeier)

Come fly away (Twyla Tharp)

A Folk Tale (Bournonville)

... plus a number of smaller scale works and collaborations

Full programme

I'm so jealous!  Have a wonderful time!

By the way, if you happen to be in NY in early July, top dancers from the RDB will be performing at the Joyce.  I saw them the last time they were here, and it was a lovely program.  You won't have the beautiful scenery as with a full company in larger venue, but the Joyce is a lovely intimate theater. 

Below is the information from the Joyce website:

The Bournonville Legacy - JUL 9–14

Top dancers of the Royal Danish Ballet, revered as the world’s third oldest ballet company, come together to bring the best of August Bournonville to The Joyce. Featuring distinctive repertoire from classical ballets such as La Sylphide, Napoli, and A Folktale.

6 hours ago, NinaFan said:

I'm so jealous!  Have a wonderful time!

By the way, if you happen to be in NY in early July, top dancers from the RDB will be performing at the Joyce.  I saw them the last time they were here, and it was a lovely program.  You won't have the beautiful scenery as with a full company in larger venue, but the Joyce is a lovely intimate theater. 

Below is the information from the Joyce website:

The Bournonville Legacy - JUL 9–14

Top dancers of the Royal Danish Ballet, revered as the world’s third oldest ballet company, come together to bring the best of August Bournonville to The Joyce. Featuring distinctive repertoire from classical ballets such as La Sylphide, Napoli, and A Folktale.

Thank you so much for the recommendation, @NinaFan 

Joyce Theater has such a brilliant program including the Australian Ballet, Maria Kochetkova Gala, Ballet Festival curated by Kevin O’Hare featuring Lauren Cuthbertson and Edward Watson.  https://joyce.org/performances

As a non-New Yorker, I had not even heard about it. 

16 hours ago, Xiaoyi said:

Thank you so much for the recommendation, @NinaFan 

Joyce Theater has such a brilliant program including the Australian Ballet, Maria Kochetkova Gala, Ballet Festival curated by Kevin O’Hare featuring Lauren Cuthbertson and Edward Watson.  https://joyce.org/performances

As a non-New Yorker, I had not even heard about it. 

I see you checked out their website!  Yes, the Joyce has some amazing programs.  And since it's a small intimate theater, you're never that far from the action.  As I mentioned above, you won't have the scenery, but the intimacy of a small venue makes up for that.   I hope you are able to see one of their programs, especially if you're in town for NYCB or ABT (or both during the spring season).