This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Segerstrom Center International Dance Series 2019-20

21 hours ago, California said:

And if you are a fan of Nunez, she'll be doing Giselle with Hallberg the previous weekend at the LA Music Center:

https://www.musiccenter.org/tickets/events-by-the-music-center/Glorya-Kaufman-Dance/Subscriptions/subscribe/teatro-alla-scala/

No ABT at the Music Center in 2019-20 -- just Mariinsky and La Scala

https://www.musiccenter.org/tickets/events-by-the-music-center/Glorya-Kaufman-Dance/

Thank you very much, California. Do you have any idea when they might announce the Giselle casting?

8 hours ago, Buddy said:

Thank you very much, California. Do you have any idea when they might announce the Giselle casting?

No idea. I've been trying to figure out when singles go on sale at Segerstrom and the LA Music Center. I'm guessing casting will be announced right before then, but that's a guess.

19 hours ago, California said:

No idea. I've been trying to figure out when singles go on sale at Segerstrom and the LA Music Center. I'm guessing casting will be announced right before then, but that's a guess.

Thanks for your response. I was told by the ticket office at Segerstrom that general public tickets probably go on sale abut a month before the event.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:33 PM, ksk04 said:

Thanks Dreamer! Much appreciated.

Any thoughts? I am familiar with many names, but what are people's impressions of Khoreva?

Also, thank you very much Dreamer.

Ksk04, I would say that there's a chance of seeing performances of a life-time from any of the Nikia ballerinas. I would slightly favor seeing Alina Somova as she rarely travels, but this might be changing.

2 hours ago, AB'sMom said:

Individual tickets are on sale now for all shows in the dance series at Segerstrom. 

Thanks for the heads-up! I bought my tickets for the Bolle-Nunez Onegins in July 2020! I've never seem them together before and who knows how much longer he'll be dancing.

It seems odd to be buying tickets with casting more than a year ahead. Lots of the best seats have been snatched up, by subscribers and friends, presumably.

Here's the link. Go to the master calendar for July 2020. https://www.scfta.org/

2 hours ago, AB'sMom said:

Individual tickets are on sale now for all shows in the dance series at Segerstrom. 

I also thank you very  much, AB'sMom. Tickets went on sale for the October Mariinsky La Bayaderes much soon than the box office person that I talked to several months ago predicted. I made my purchases.

Ksk04, if you view this, seeing Alina Somova as I suggested, you get Kimin Kim, possibly the best male ballet dancer in the world, thrown in.

Hi Buddy, I have three sets of tickets already so I am sure I will see Somova who I have seen dance before. I have never seen or heard of Khoreva, which is why I was asking for opinions about her. Thanks!

It would be nice if they had sent out subscription tickets before now, so I could easily see what I booked....

7 minutes ago, ksk04 said:

Hi Buddy, I have three sets of tickets already so I am sure I will see Somova who I have seen dance before. I have never seen or heard of Khoreva, which is why I was asking for opinions about her. Thanks!

Ksk04, Maria Khoreva is the new Mariinsky 'sensation.' She graduated the Vaganova and joined the Mariinsky last year. It seems that almost immediately she was jumped to First Soloist as will probably be a Principal within a year (my guess). She's extremely talented and seems to have all bases covered. 

21 minutes ago, ksk04 said:

Ksk04, She has recently debuted as Nikia. Video clips are available but I prefer not to post unofficial releases. I'm sure some will appear at her site in a day or so. Those that I've seen do represent her fairly well based on the one time that I saw her live. I'm sure that she'll be even more impressive by October. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffAKmQG_O6ev6gcuJ1bM0w/videos

I’ve never sat closer than row D—and that was because my daughter was on stage and I wanted to see every facial expression. If it helps at all, when ABT comes Kevin McKenzie and Alexei Ratmansky sit in row L or M. The seating chart can mislead a little because as you get further back the section angles. Once you get to row K and further back you want to sit as far to the right (looking at the website seating chart) as possible if you like to be in the center. 

16 hours ago, Outside said:

Is anyone familiar with the seating of Segerstrom Hall? I am looking at the seating chart (https://www.scfta.org/scfta/media/General/visit/campus/segerstromhallseating.pdf), is the Orchestra front row AA too close?

Thanks!

This website might help with real seat photos with audience in the front to feel the rake. 

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/segerstrom+hall/

I think they do, but but I can’t remember if it works on the mobile site. When you see the little camera icon on the seating chart it shows the view from that spot, but obviously that’s not a view from every seat, just from some general areas. I find the view in person always looks better than what the “camera view” shows. 

Mariinsky needs supers for La Bayadère at Segerstrom if anyone is interested. Men over 5’7” (no dance experience needed), women under 5’5” (dance experience not necessary but helpful). Audition/Casting 10/14 at 7pm at Judy Morr Theatre at Segerstrom. 

1 hour ago, AB'sMom said:

Mariinsky needs supers for La Bayadère at Segerstrom if anyone is interested. Men over 5’7” (no dance experience needed), women under 5’5” (dance experience not necessary but helpful). Audition/Casting 10/14 at 7pm at Judy Morr Theatre at Segerstrom. 

Very tempting, AB'sMom, but I'd much rather watch them than me on a stage and I've got tickets to do just that.  😊