This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Catazaro Declines NYCB Reinstatement; Ramasar to Rejoin

8 minutes ago, nanushka said:

So if her photos had already been shared with others, it didn’t matter that Ramasar asked for them to be shared with him too? No further harm? How do you figure that?

Not what I said, I was purely stating that her comment that Amar specifically asked for ‘the violence’ to be done against her makes no sense.

In the sense that all of this is somehow Amar’s fault. It sounds like she’s saying that Finlay created material to share with him at his request.

Edited by Fairandlove
4 minutes ago, Fairandlove said:

Not what I said, I was purely stating that her comment that Amar specifically asked for ‘the violence’ to be done against her makes no sense.

In the sense that all of this is somehow Amar’s fault. It sounds like she’s saying that Finlay created material to share with him at his request.

I think you’re projecting a very specific meaning onto her words and then asserting that her words don’t make sense — which it’s true, they don’t, if the very specific meaning you’re projecting is the only one they could have.

8 minutes ago, nanushka said:

I think you’re projecting a very specific meaning onto her words and then asserting that her words don’t make sense — which it’s true, they don’t, if the very specific meaning you’re projecting is the only one they could have.

It’s the meaning that a normal person viewing any of this would come to conclude.

What is Ramasar going to do about this, realistically? I don't think any of these details matter.  What she said, what protesters say etc.  He doesn't want the attention.  If he makes a move it puts the old story back in the news.  That's probably why Maxwell made a statement and he remained silent. 

Edited by Balletwannabe
16 minutes ago, Fairandlove said:

People are allowed to ‘feel’ anyway they like, in which case somebody says ‘I feel.......’ not ‘he is......’ or ‘he did......’

Are you implying that one who violates another must be aware of their prey’s pain, or remorseful, or not on high on drugs (etc., etc.)…or else it doesn’t count? I hate to break it to you...

52 minutes ago, Fairandlove said:

People are allowed to ‘feel’ anyway they like, in which case somebody says ‘I feel.......’ not ‘he is......’ or ‘he did......’

There is no difference between fact and feeling. Whether someone is victimized depends entirely on whether she FEELS victimized. 

1 hour ago, canbelto said:

There is no difference between fact and feeling. Whether someone is victimized depends entirely on whether she FEELS victimized. 

To suggest that an opinion and a factual statement have no difference is preposterous.

Words have meanings and words have consequences.  

Not everything that happens is litigated or prosecuted or illegal.  That doesn't make harm any less real.  It just means there aren't legal consequences.  

Re: "normal", in hindsight, what's considered "normal", doesn't always land on the right side of history. 

10 hours ago, Fairandlove said:

Just to be clear, this is the type of rhetoric the misleading petition has lead to: 

I'm sorry, but it seems like this person's twitter username should probably be removed / hidden to prevent doxxing.

Edited by Villette

The person who wrote the blog post imploring the audience to boo Amar Ramasar posted an article today detailing the abusive behavior of the costume designer of Hadestown.

https://www.onstageblog.com/editorals/2020/2/26/hadestown-costume-designer-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-by-former-student

Nowhere in the article does he indicate that he's organizing demonstrations at Hadestown,  asking the audience to boo,  or demanding that the producers toss the costumes.  One has to wonder,  why not?  This man is accused of far worse transgressions than Ramasar.  He's a hypocrite.  Maybe all those passionate teens who are so appalled by bad behavior can move a few blocks down Broadway.

7 hours ago, canbelto said:

She feels it is violence. Many sex abuse survivors feel that photo sharing is violence. Many victims of child molestation are haunted by digital photos that they find of themselves years later. What we think doesn't matter. If victims feel that it's violence, it's violence.

What we think does matter.  The law has determined that Ramasar did not commit a crime against Waterbury.  (I'll go out on a limb and predict that her civil suit against him will be dismissed as well.). She may feel that it was violence,  but her feelings don't have the force of law.

6 minutes ago, On Pointe said:

What we think does matter.  The law has determined that Ramasar did not commit a crime against Waterbury.  (I'll go out on a limb and predict that her civil suit against him will be dismissed as well.). She may feel that it was violence,  but her feelings don't have the force of law.

Cheers to you.

For those above who disagreed with my prior post about the perception of what violence against someone means.

If I said that OnPointe had ‘committed and incited violent acts to be done against me and was a sexual predator’, I highly doubt you would perceive that as he/she had asked to see naked photos of me. 

6 minutes ago, Fairandlove said:

If I said that OnPointe had ‘committed and incited violent acts to be done against me and was a sexual predator’, I highly doubt you would perceive that as he/she had asked to see naked photos of me. 

To speak for other people is a dangerous slope.  People speak and react from experience, and there are many associations with the term sexual predator and violence, which extends to emotional violence.

We have a policy against discussing the discussion and each other on this board.  I've let this line of discussion go on for too long.  I'm closing this thread.  If there is actual news to discuss, we can open a new one.  There are plenty of options to continue this line of discussion on social media, where it belongs.