nanran3

Kathryn Morgan joining MCB!

Apparently, the press release has just gone out that Kathryn Morgan is joining Miami City Ballet.  Good for her!  Having to leave NYCB after coming down with an auto-immune illness, and thinking she might never dance again has to have been so tough.  I wish her the best in that fabulous company.  It was announced on a FB live broadcast from YAGP.

Posted (edited)

Omg no way ! That's the last thing I expected, but this is great news for her. I sometimes browse through her YouTube channel, and she had some very insightful videos in there about her experience. 

I'm so bummed I had to move out of Miami; I'd have loved to see her. What a great addition. I'm expecting some movement in the company and hopefully promotions with the departures/retirements of J. Delgado, J. Furlan and R. Penteado.

Edited by sohalia

Has anyone seen official documentation on this? I'm not finding anything.

A source was cited in the Kathryn Morgan thread: a live talk from YAGP:

I don't see it on the MCB press page (yet).

I'm happy for her, but a little surprised I guess.  In watching her YouTube videos, I see that she's lost weight and has been working on getting back into shape.  But I hadn't yet had the thought that she was ready for employment in such a strong company as MCB.  I am glad, though, to see her professional journey continue.  She's certainly an inspiration to many!

Congrats to Morgan!  I loved her when she was with NYCB.  MCB is lucky to have her! 

59 minutes ago, Helene said:

A source was cited in the Kathryn Morgan thread: a live talk from YAGP:

I don't see it on the MCB press page (yet).

I checked the MCB website as well and noticed that they still show Jovani Furlon on their roster when it has already been announced that he will join NYCB this year.  So maybe they are waiting to update that info on their site.  Also, it will be interesting to see what rank they give her.  She got to soloist at NYCB...

Kathryn Morgan is an inspiring story. Brava!

Such a heartfelt video.  She honestly does have an incredible story; I can't think of another like it.  I hope she'll go on to have a long, happy career at MCB.

I have been following Katie's story and started crying along with her. She is such an inspiration and role model! Brava to her!

This is a truly heartwarming story.  Congratulations to her! 

Wow, she had me almost in tears.  Congrats to a beautiful dancer. 

A surprising turn of events - I wish her much success at MCB.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, nanran3 said:

I checked the MCB website as well and noticed that they still show Jovani Furlon on their roster when it has already been announced that he will join NYCB this year.  So maybe they are waiting to update that info on their site.  Also, it will be interesting to see what rank they give her.  She got to soloist at NYCB...

Companies often don't update their websites until dancers' contracts end/begin. MCB is performing at the Kennedy Center in June (Yay!), so the dancers might be under contract until then.