KarenAG

Suzanne Farrell - great news!

Remarkable that this is even remarkable. Having 'alumni' like Farrell, McBride, Villella etc. coaching the leads will hopefully now be the norm. Finally.

16 hours ago, KarenAG said:

I didn’t see this anywhere on BA...

There are some additional posts in the Spring 2019 discussion.

54 minutes ago, nanushka said:

There are some additional posts in the Spring 2019 discussion.

Thank you, Nanushka. 

I know we've talked about Farrell coaching at NYCB on some other threads but I'll put this one here. Seems she's back at the company coaching Mearns (and others?) in Brahms-Schoenberg quartet. 

1044838961_ScreenShot2020-01-14at8_29_15PM.thumb.png.cc3b34a2ee9d2338e40ea5fd0f72a5f9.pngBrahms-Schoenberg Quartet

On twitter it says she is coaching Momentum/Movements. Yay!

What wonderful news!  I will make sure to attend these programs.

https://twitter.com/nycballet/status/1217132496846049280?s=20

Does anyone know who is seated to the left of Ms. Farrell in the photo?  It looks a little like Colleen Neary to me. According to the essay she wrote on Brahms-Schoenberg in Balanchine: Celebrating a Life in Dance, she has danced in three of the four movements, so would it make sense that she is coaching it too?

Edited by Jacqueline
adding more background

It looks as if the woman seated next to Farrell is Susan Pillare.

Agreeing with rg, it does.  Pilarre sometimes turned up in (open) rehearsals of TSFB at the Kennedy Center.  It's giving me some of the same joy already expressed above!  Monumentum/Movements too?  Time for this Chicagoan Old Audience member to come see NYCB again.  Haven't done that much in recent decades...

Edited by Jack Reed