nanushka

NYCB 2019-2020 Season

8 hours ago, dirac said:

True, but Kent also writes that the board cut her off as soon as Balanchine was no longer compos mentis. Such an arrangement to benefit one dancer would be unlikely to work today. American dancers should have pensions, but there just ain't no way.

American dancers do have pensions,  as members of AGMA.  However they can't access them until years after typical retirement age for a dancer.

Omg, herniated disc? Her recovery sounds really day by day and obviously I’m hoping she’s back sooner rather than later but this is the kind of injury where she really needs to let her body heal.

13 hours ago, canbelto said:

Omg, herniated disc? Her recovery sounds really day by day and obviously I’m hoping she’s back sooner rather than later but this is the kind of injury where she really needs to let her body heal.

Seriously. Hurry back, but please, not a moment too soon. 

18 hours ago, canbelto said:

According to the podcast interview, she will be back to studio in September or October. She will probably miss the fall season.

39 minutes ago, Xiaoyi said:

According to the podcast interview, she will be back to studio in September or October. She will probably miss the fall season.

Yes, I agree that it sounds like she'll miss the fall season.  Hope to see her back in the winter season.

I saw her in Marie: Dancing Still in Seattle.  I never would have guessed that anything was wrong.  She taught while she was in Seattle, too: there's a photo on PNB Facebook with her and students.

I hope she takes the time to recover as fully as a dancer ever recovers, especially with the killer rep she has.  I thought it was fascinating that Forsythe told her (paraphase) you know you're a choreographer when you can't do the moves.