This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wei Wang

I saw Wei Wang as the Creature in Scarlett's Frankenstein with the Royal Ballet last night and thought he did a really good job in the role.  However, its not the sort of part that gives you many clues about how the dancer might look in other roles.  I'd like to see him again.  SFB will be in London in May / June with four mixed bills - the Shostakovitch Trilogy, and works from Unbound - Liang / Marston / Pita,  Welch / Scarlett/ Peck. and McIntyre / Wheeldon / Dawson.   Is he likely to appear in some of these and if so which ones ? 

11 hours ago, Lynette H said:

I saw Wei Wang as the Creature in Scarlett's Frankenstein with the Royal Ballet last night and thought he did a really good job in the role.  However, its not the sort of part that gives you many clues about how the dancer might look in other roles.  I'd like to see him again.  SFB will be in London in May / June with four mixed bills - the Shostakovitch Trilogy, and works from Unbound - Liang / Marston / Pita,  Welch / Scarlett/ Peck. and McIntyre / Wheeldon / Dawson.   Is he likely to appear in some of these and if so which ones ? 

Yes, he's likely to participate, and as he's one of the younger principals/soloists, he may be dancing a lot. I say that because the most "senior" dancers are used more strategically, shall we say, in programs. And sadly, there are a number of female dancers out, or doing very light duty, at the moment. Hopefully most everyone will be back in time for the tour, but I'm afraid Frances Chung and Sarah Van Patten will definitely not be participating as both are pregnant.

Off the top of my head, I remember that Wei Wang was one of the original cast for Dawson's Anima Animus and Peck's Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming. I'll have to look through old reviews to figure out what other ones...

EDIT: And he was cast in Pita’s Björk Ballet.

Edited by pherank