This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I was lucky enough to win a lottery and did the two parts in one day option. I had read the published script and thought it was mediocre fan fiction, but the story really does come alive when on stage. Yes the dialogue is corny, but all the actors were great and the effects were amazing. In the movies, you assume it’s CGI, but when someone transfigured right on stage, you were like “how’d they do that”. 

The audience at the showing I went to was definitely comprised of fans.  Lots of people in robes, lots of spontaneous reactions to references to the original series.   As a fan of the books, I would say that yes, the plot is a bit silly and the way the original characters were presented doesn’t seem to jive with how they were presented in the books. And yes, Ron is still being treated as nothing more than comic relief. And yes, the big reveal is bad fan fiction.  But it is still very entertaining and it did not feel like I spent 5 hours.