This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2018/2019 Royal Ballet cinema in USA?

On 11/2/2018 at 10:12 PM, Ashton Fan said:

The streamed performance of Mayerling was danced by a cast led by McRae and Takada and quite a few people here don't understand why it was not the Bonelli, Morera cast who were recorded. 

The latest relayed version of Mayerling is by McRae and Lamb. 

23 hours ago, Colette said:

It seems that for O'Hare the only dancers that can be filmed are Nuñez, Osipova, Muntagirov, Mcrae and Lamb. I don't know why Ed Watson wasn't scheduled to be filmed again, Nuñez's subpar Giselle got filmed twice so why don't film the greatest Crown Prince Rudolph a second time? Anyway, Ed got injured so Bonelli (and I'm not a fan) would have been a good second choice, much better than Mcrae, Morera is in my opinion the best Ashtonian and Macmillaner dancer on earth, also my favorite classical dancer in the whole company, WHY has she not been filmed as Mary is beyond me, Lamb was amazing as Mary but the world needs a recording of Morera's remarkable Mary. We should have recordings of her in Song of the Earth, Symphonic Variations, La Fille, Elite Syncopations, The Nutcracker and La Bayadère.....But she's so very underused☹. 

I think Mr O'Hare is gradually moving away now from having his older Principals filmed and is turning to his younger Principals: Yasmine Naghdi and Matthew Ball will be filmed during the live cinema relay of "Romeo & Juliet" on the Covent Garden stage on 11th June 2019. Their performance will also be shown via the BP Big Screen on Trafalgar Square. 

1 hour ago, Katia Kapustin said:

I think Mr O'Hare is gradually moving away now from having his older Principals filmed and is turning to his younger Principals: Yasmine Naghdi and Matthew Ball will be filmed during the live cinema relay of "Romeo & Juliet" on the Covent Garden stage on 11th June 2019. Their performance will also be shown via the BP Big Screen on Trafalgar Square. 

Well, now that's a cast I LOVE, I saw their debuts in R&J and loved them, I was going to cry if Mcrae and Osipova were casted in this, Ball and Naghdi are perfection in this ballet. 

15 hours ago, Colette said:

I was going to cry if Mcrae and Osipova were casted in this,

Little chance, they seldom dance together.  Actually I think the ROH are missing a trick with the casting as Osipova/Hallberg would have gone down particularly well with US audiences.

19 hours ago, Colette said:

Well, now that's a cast I LOVE, I saw their debuts in R&J and loved them, I was going to cry if Mcrae and Osipova were casted in this, Ball and Naghdi are perfection in this ballet. 

Yes Yasmine Naghdi & Matthew Ball are absolutely superb in "Romeo&Juliet" and very much loved by the UK audience.

Edited by Katia Kapustin
typo
5 hours ago, Mashinka said:

Actually I think the ROH are missing a trick with the casting as Osipova/Hallberg would have gone down particularly well with US audiences.

U.S. screenings of the Royal Ballet are few and far between, so it would be a fool's errand to try to appeal to American audiences. I am very pleased that the broadcast is going to bona fide Royal Ballet dancers.