This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Neil Simon (1927-2018) - Rest in Peace

Simon is probably responsible for more great one-liners than anyone with the possible exception of Woody Allen, and I mean that as the highest of compliments.

I remember reading what must have been one of his last interviews and it mentioned that he was going “in and out.” I’m glad he’s been released from the prison of Alzheimer’s by the old man’s friend. Godspeed.

He didn’t need words to be hilarious, either, per this skit he wrote with his brother Danny, another very funny man.

4 hours ago, dirac said:

Simon is probably responsible for more great one-liners than anyone with the possible exception of Woody Allen, and I mean that as the highest of compliments.

I remember reading what must have been one of his last interviews and it mentioned that he was going “in and out.” I’m glad he’s been released from the prison of Alzheimer’s by the old man’s friend. Godspeed.

He didn’t need words to be hilarious, either, per this skit he wrote with his brother Danny, another very funny man.

I didn't know about the alzheimer's...may he rest in peace...

Thank you, FPF. Page Six has details about the will.

Prodigious playwright Neil Simon left his fifth spouse a wealthy widow — gifting her $12 million cash, two apartments at the Ritz Tower on Park Avenue, and his original manuscripts.

An obit for Carole Shelley, one  of the original Pigeon sisters.

The Pigeon sisters (who share their given names with characters in the Oscar Wilde play “The Importance of Being Earnest”) inject a delightful kookiness into the slob-neatnik dynamic of Oscar and Felix. In the play, when Felix meets the sisters, he describes his occupation: “I write the news for CBS.” Gwendolyn asks innocently, “Where do you get your ideas from?”