This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Guggenheim Works & Process - Fall 2018

Thanks so much for the link -- I hadn't been watching for this.  Boal is doing the lec/dem about male solos in the Robbins repertory here in Seattle in late September as part of Pacific Northwest Ballet tribute to Robbins.  It should be very interesting -- he's spoken about some of his experiences before and he's quite engaging.

And I hadn't heard that English National is taking Akram Khan's Giselle to Chicago (2/28-3/2)  Now I'm really torn about where to travel this season!

I see that on Nov 11, ENB will show highlights from Akram Khan's Giselle, which will be the only NYC showing of that piece.

Several of us on this site, myself included, have wished that this ballet would come to NYC. At least this gives us a chance to see parts of it. And, it would be great if Jeffrey Cirio dances as well.

2 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

I see that on Nov 11, ENB will show highlights from Akram Khan's Giselle, which will be the only NYC showing of that piece.

Several of us on this site, myself included, have wished that this ballet would come to NYC. At least this gives us a chance to see parts of it. And, it would be great if Jeffrey Cirio dances as well.

This has been filmed, with Cirio as Hilarion. No word yet on when the DVD comes out. Doesn’t appear to be classical.