Paulina

Hello from Chicago

My daughter is a pre-professional student who loves ballet, and I am trying to be as supportive of that as possible.  Thank you for creating these forums.

I just bought my first two dance subscriptions for myself and my DD, to two Chicago Theatres.  We are truly looking forward to seeing 7 dance performances here in Chicago, over the next 9 months, mostly ballet but also contemporary.  

Balancing schedules for school and dance is much more challenging than I ever could have realized, but I am so thankful every time I see her perform.  I also have DS who plays baseball almost as much as DD dances.  

Looking forward to reading and learning, and possibly getting some guidance if I need it.

Welcome to Ballet Alert! Paulina!

You're in luck:  in today's Links there is an article about American Ballet Theatre performing in Chicago each season through 2022:

https://balletalert.invisionzone.com/topic/44002-thursday-august-2/

I'm guessing you and your daughter already know about our sister board, Ballet Talk for Dancers, but just in case, here's the link:

https://dancers.invisionzone.com/

It requires separate registration, and it has its own registration and posting rules and policies.

It's an invaluable resource to students and parents navigating the pre-professional waters.

Please tell us about what you see: we don't have many members posting from Chicago, and we'd really appreciate hearing about what is being performed there.

Greetings from Seattle!

You've got the English National Ballet coming in February/March with a new version of Giselle by Akram Khan -- you lucky duck!