Jump to content
This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Aaron Robison returns to San Francisco Ballet


Recommended Posts

Per English National Ballet website, Aaron Robison is leaving the company to re-join San Francisco Ballet.  When he appeared as a guest artist in Frankenstein this spring I had what seemed to be a hopeless dream of him returning to California.  Now I can scream from joy. Welcome back, Aaron!  

Link to post
3 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Now I can scream from joy. Welcome back, Aaron!  

I’ll second that!  

I only saw him a few times, but Robison was always very impressive, and he was one of the few saving graces of Frankenstein.  I hope this is a permanent return and not just for 2019.  

SFB is lucky to have such a strong roster of male dancers at all levels.

Link to post
2 hours ago, California said:

San Francisco Ballet just sent out e-mail with a link to this page, announcing that Robison will return for the 2019 season. Yippee! I might need to rethink my travel plans for next spring!

http://archive.skem1.com/csb/Public/show/aqeu-qn0uf--haz56-1hpenb50

 

All I can say is, that's weird. He seemed to be happier with ENB's schedule which allows enough time before each program to rehearse roles. The SFB dancers need to do 80 to 90 percent of their rehearsing in the summer/fall months, because when the season hits, it's just one program after another. Robison also complained about the near impossibility of finding affordable housing in SF, and that's not going to change.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, pherank said:

All I can say is, that's weird. He seemed to be happier with ENB's schedule which allows enough time before each program to rehearse roles. The SFB dancers need to do 80 to 90 percent of their rehearsing in the summer/fall months, because when the season hits, it's just one program after another. Robison also complained about the near impossibility of finding affordable housing in SF, and that's not going to change.

I just assume there are private factors we'll never know about -- perhaps some of the much-publicized hostile environment issues at ENB, or personality clashes, or personal relationships. No doubt unknowns we'll never really know were also behind the movements of Cirio and Kochetkova. I'm disappointed he won't be doing ENBs Manon next winter, a role he knows from Houston Ballet. Very glad I didn't plan anything to see that!

Link to post
13 minutes ago, California said:

I just assume there are private factors we'll never know about -- perhaps some of the much-publicized hostile environment issues at ENB, or personality clashes, or personal relationships. No doubt unknowns we'll never really know were also behind the movements of Cirio and Kochetkova. I'm disappointed he won't be doing ENBs Manon next winter, a role he knows from Houston Ballet. Very glad I didn't plan anything to see that!

And yet, it's possible Robison may still "guest" on an ENB program - just as he did for SFB last year. So you may get lucky.

Link to post

My apologies to California for duplicating the news about Aaron's return. Thank you for reporting this. I was so excited to share this that I didn't even check if someone else had already posted it.

Link to post
1 hour ago, pherank said:

Robison also complained about the near impossibility of finding affordable housing in SF, and that's not going to change.

The situation in London is much the same, possibly worse, ENB doesn't pay high salaries.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

My apologies to California for duplicating the news about Aaron's return. Thank you for reporting this. I was so excited to share this that I didn't even check if someone else had already posted it.

No problem. Others on the board can tell there are a lot of us who have seen Aaron in the theater and are very excited about his return to North America. I wonder if ABT will look seriously at him to beef up their Met schedule in 2019. The SFB schedule ends on May 12, so he could join in June! 

https://www.sfballet.org/

Edited by California
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Josette said:

I am overjoyed at Aaron's return to SFB! 

Another Robison fan!

He was scheduled to do Sleeping Beauty with Alexandrova at ENB in June, but had to cancel due to injury. Still, I'm hoping he will do SB with SFB next March. I wasn't interested in seeing yet another SB, but he'd be worth the trip, I think.  Hope they announce casting early on.

https://londoncoliseum.org/whats-on/the-sleeping-beauty/

 

Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...