This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Promotion of May Nagahisa

9 hours ago, Laurent said:

There is sponsorship and "sponsorship". The way it functions at Mariinsky is different from the examples given for American companies.

Indeed, and all my comments concerning May Nagahisa were solely intended as criticism of promotion and sponsorship as it exists in the *Mariinsky* - not in any other company.  

On 6/25/2018 at 7:16 PM, Fleurdelis said:

This is wonderful news, obviously an impressive achievement. I can't wait to see her on the Bolshoi Ballet TV show, I'm dying to know what she is about.

FYI, May & her Mariinsky partner, Victor Caixeta, did not appear at the competition.  Yuri Fateev participated as a coach. 

Final list of competitors can be found here, with photos & bios. May is not there.

https://tvkultura.ru/brand/show/brand_id/63029/

The show just completed filming, for airing next January.

Some videos of her La Sylphide debut.

I must say that I wasn't sure what to expect when I went to watch these given the previous discussion about her. I also had watched her Shade variation along with Maria Khoreva's for some comparison as to her talent. After watching these clips, there's a quality about her, particularly in her arms, that I find quite lovely.