Buddy

Maria Iliushkina — “ ”Zvezda" (Star) material ?? “

55 minutes ago, Leah said:

Buddy, speaking of updates to the site, do you know what happened to Kristina Shapran?

Leah, I really don't. It's possible that since the site is not completely updated (Corps de Ballet not listed, for instance) that it's hopefully just an oversight. Also the new listings are just for this season.

Could I offer one more thought about Maria Iliushkina ?

Beyond her ‘fairy-like’ , perhaps child-like, personality is much technical prowess and beauty. This I can understand the sharp eye of Ballet Artistic Director Yuri Fateyev recognising and supporting. Her ‘fairy-like’/child-like feature is not of the ordinary. I’m very glad that the Theater and the public seem to be embracing this as well.  

Edited by Buddy

Princess Florine--Don't know if this is a debut or not but I think it may be:

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Princess Florine--Don't know if this is a debut or not but I think it may be:

As far as I know, Drew, she's danced this once before. As usual I think that she's absolutely charming. Nikita Korneyev is very fine as well.

18 hours ago, Drew said:

Woman-Child

Turner Classic Movies is having a month of Oscar winners which includes some very nice stuff. Two of these that I’ve watched are The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (Cary Grant, Myrna Loy….) with a teenage Shirley Temple and Too Young to Kiss (June Allyson, Van Johnson (I’ve watch half)) with June Allyson playing an adult classical pianist who disguises herself as a teen-age prodigy in order to get a contract. Both these films highlight the charming world of adult childhood.

This is also a world that, for me, Maria Iliushkina is inhabiting. It shines in her performances and is perhaps true in her real life as implied by the quick glance from the Swan Lake trailer video (posted page three) and Josette’s meeting her (posted page three) “….she spoke with humility and gratitude about being given the opportunity to prepare and dance the role [Odette/Odile (Swan Lake)].”

She and perhaps a few others at the Mariinsky, such as Renata Shakirova, represent this potentially delightful space in human behavior. Here it brings a touch of sunshine to the high arts stage.

In doing this Maria Iliushkina and others Endear themselves to viewers such as myself.

Seemingly….

She dreams about being a Love-Flower-Faerie  — Seems quite Ordinaerie   😊

Edited by Buddy
Drew's comments were intended for the previous post

This is a delightfully strong performance from both Maria and Nikitina!

Every time I watch Maria, I am almost hypnotized by the beautiful way she uses her hands, fingers, wrists, and arms to accentuate her character.  She truly embodies the delicate quality that this role requires.  Oh how lovely I think she would be as Giselle, Juliet, and Princess Aurora...and Princess Shyrin, La Sylphide, and the list can keep going...

Posted (edited)

No, not moved from Coryphee to Principal, yet.   😊

Rather:

“MARIINSKY BALLET CLASS MARIINSKY THEATER, lesson two

⠀Good news for all fans of the Mariinsky Ballet and ballet enthusiasts: already on Tuesday, May 26, watch the new ballet lesson of the Mariinsky Theater!

This time, the lesson will take place in the rehearsal room on Theater Square, 1, in the historic theater building.

The lesson is taught by Honored Artist of Russia, tutor-tutor Elvira Tarasova, and the class is done by the Mariinsky rising star Maria Ilyushkina, who was very well acclaimed for her Swan Lake debut this year. At the piano - accompanist Gennady Merkulov.”

#mariinskyballet #onlineclasses #balletonline #ballet #balletbarre

(thanks to Sophia at Dansomanie)

Edited by Buddy

Oooooh thank you @Buddy!  I love watching dancers take class and I'll definitely tune in for this one!

16 hours ago, ECat said:

Oooooh thank you @Buddy!  I love watching dancers take class and I'll definitely tune in for this one!

You're welcome, ECat. Here's where to watch it and when.

(Thanks to Sophia at Dansomanie)