This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Maria Iliushkina — “ ”Zvezda" (Star) material ?? “

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Princess Florine--Don't know if this is a debut or not but I think it may be:

As far as I know, Drew, she's danced this once before. As usual I think that she's absolutely charming. Nikita Korneyev is very fine as well.

18 hours ago, Drew said:

Woman-Child

Turner Classic Movies is having a month of Oscar winners which includes some very nice stuff. Two of these that I’ve watched are The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (Cary Grant, Myrna Loy….) with a teenage Shirley Temple and Too Young to Kiss (June Allyson, Van Johnson (I’ve watch half)) with June Allyson playing an adult classical pianist who disguises herself as a teen-age prodigy in order to get a contract. Both these films highlight the charming world of adult childhood.

This is also a world that, for me, Maria Iliushkina is inhabiting. It shines in her performances and is perhaps true in her real life as implied by the quick glance from the Swan Lake trailer video (posted page three) and Josette’s meeting her (posted page three) “….she spoke with humility and gratitude about being given the opportunity to prepare and dance the role [Odette/Odile (Swan Lake)].”

She and perhaps a few others at the Mariinsky, such as Renata Shakirova, represent this potentially delightful space in human behavior. Here it brings a touch of sunshine to the high arts stage.

In doing this Maria Iliushkina and others Endear themselves to viewers such as myself.

Seemingly….

She dreams about being a Love-Flower-Faerie  — Seems quite Ordinaerie   😊

Edited by Buddy
Drew's comments were intended for the previous post

This is a delightfully strong performance from both Maria and Nikitina!

Every time I watch Maria, I am almost hypnotized by the beautiful way she uses her hands, fingers, wrists, and arms to accentuate her character.  She truly embodies the delicate quality that this role requires.  Oh how lovely I think she would be as Giselle, Juliet, and Princess Aurora...and Princess Shyrin, La Sylphide, and the list can keep going...

Posted (edited)

No, not moved from Coryphee to Principal, yet.   😊

Rather:

“MARIINSKY BALLET CLASS MARIINSKY THEATER, lesson two

⠀Good news for all fans of the Mariinsky Ballet and ballet enthusiasts: already on Tuesday, May 26, watch the new ballet lesson of the Mariinsky Theater!

This time, the lesson will take place in the rehearsal room on Theater Square, 1, in the historic theater building.

The lesson is taught by Honored Artist of Russia, tutor-tutor Elvira Tarasova, and the class is done by the Mariinsky rising star Maria Ilyushkina, who was very well acclaimed for her Swan Lake debut this year. At the piano - accompanist Gennady Merkulov.”

#mariinskyballet #onlineclasses #balletonline #ballet #balletbarre

(thanks to Sophia at Dansomanie)

Edited by Buddy
16 hours ago, ECat said:

Oooooh thank you @Buddy!  I love watching dancers take class and I'll definitely tune in for this one!

You're welcome, ECat. Here's where to watch it and when.

(Thanks to Sophia at Dansomanie)

Good news for Maria fans. She’ll be doing the third Swan Lake (with Nikita Korneyev) of the ballet reopening, October 18, replacing her cancelled May 1 performance. (Oct 17 Oxana Skorik, Oct. 18 matinee, Yekaterina Osmolkina)

July 12, she was the first to do anything from Swan Lake since the reopening, July 11. During the opening series of Galas she danced the Act II White Swan Duet with Nikita Korneyev. She will also do the Grand pas classique with Timur Askerov July 26 (a debut?).

Posted today — Maria Ilyushkina — Second Soloist

Congratulations !

“Maria Ilyushkina's fourth season with the Mariinsky Ballet has proved to be rich in events – in January this year she made a stunning debut as Odette-Odile in Swan Lake, one of the most significant ballets for any dancer, while in August she was promoted to the rank of Second Soloist.”

http://www.mariinsky.ru/en/news1/2020/8/10_1/

1 hour ago, Buddy said:

Posted today — Maria Ilyushkina — Second Soloist

Congratulations !

“Maria Ilyushkina's fourth season with the Mariinsky Ballet has proved to be rich in events – in January this year she made a stunning debut as Odette-Odile in Swan Lake, one of the most significant ballets for any dancer, while in August she was promoted to the rank of Second Soloist.”

http://www.mariinsky.ru/en/news1/2020/8/10_1/

Very pleased to read this news. Congratulations to her!

That is fantastic news!  Wishing a big congratulations to Maria!  It is also nice to see that Ekaterina Osmolkina will be getting a Swan Lake this season.

A one minute video clip has been posted (unofficial, so I prefer not to post it here) of Maria Iliushkina’s debut as Medora in Le Corsaire. It”s a solo from the Jardin Animé ‘dream’ scene. She looks lovely and her dancing is both beautiful and proficient.

3 hours ago, Buddy said:

A one minute video clip has been posted (unofficial, so I prefer not to post it here) of Maria Iliushkina’s debut as Medora in Le Corsaire. It”s a solo from the Jardin Animé ‘dream’ scene. She looks lovely and her dancing is both beautiful and proficient.

Oooooohhhhh!  I just watched it and her variation was fabulous!  If anyone wants to see it, I found it on Youtube on Clara Arson's channel.  Buddy thank you for all of your postings regarding Russian Ballet.  

19 hours ago, ECat said:

Oooooohhhhh!  I just watched it and her variation was fabulous!  If anyone wants to see it, I found it on Youtube on Clara Arson's channel.  Buddy thank you for all of your postings regarding Russian Ballet.  

Thanks for the thanks, ECat.

Another five minutes of Jardin Animé have surfaced. They’re not official so I don’t want to post them, but I’ll personal message them to you.

One thing that’s new and very impressive is her dramatic phrasing. It’s quite mature and quite unexpected for me. I think that this young lady is going to produce many surprises in her emerging career and they should be quite something.

I’ve read nothing about her recent Swan Lake performance and have found only one video clip. It’s of her solo after the Act I ‘White Swan Duet.’ This leaves questions about the entire performance.

Yet this one solo does show some interesting and lovely development when compared with the video clip of the same segment from her January debut.

The January debut shows her newness to the role. You can see her concentrating more, which makes the detail seem more exact. The detail is quite fine. A quality that’s also noticeable is an innocence. This is a beautiful feature of Maria Iliushkina.

The recent performance clip shows an embraceable refinement. There’s now more gentleness, softness and flow. There’s also  a feeling of maturity. Hopefully her earlier sense of innocence will remain as she continues to refine the role.

I do look forward to seeing much more of her. This very brief glance does show that she has wonderful loveliness that continues to develop noticeably.