This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT launches new website

From the company:

AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE

ALL-NEW ABT.ORG ENHANCES USER EXPERIENCE WITH STREAMLINED NAVIGATION AND MOBILE OPTIMIZATION

American Ballet Theatre has launched a newly designed and upgraded website at www.abt.org. It was announced today by ABT Executive Director Kara Medoff Barnett.

American Ballet Theatre’s new site, abt.org, was conceived with the Company’s wide variety of users in mind, from ticket buyers and members, to students, families and balletomanes worldwide. The elevated design highlights ABT’s breadth while improving the user experience through streamlined navigation, offering a wealth of Company information at a glance. An overhauled master calendar encapsulates ABT’s array of activities, including performances, educational opportunities and social events, in New York City, on tour and around the world. Members can explore the range of benefits available at each giving level in an interactive chart. Expanded dancer profiles offer images and milestones from their respective careers. New site- wide visual elements, including in-depth photo galleries, video content and testimonials, extend the ABT experience.

The site connects the multiple aspects of the Company, linking upcoming performances to their history in the repertory archive and illustrating how current dancers have advanced through ABT’s training pipeline.

Designed by Ascender Studios, the new abt.org is optimized for all devices. The website has been made possible by Karen Phillips and Infor.

Individual tickets for American Ballet Theatre’s 2018 Spring season at the Metropolitan Opera House are available now at the Met box office, by phone at 212-362-6000 or online at ABT’s website www.abt.org. Tickets start at $22. The Metropolitan Opera House is located on Broadway between 64th and 65th streets in New York City.

Um, did they really think most folks hadn't noticed this yet? I realize they'd want to give a shout out to the designer and the donor, but they should have released this a month ago, when the site actually launched. I guess given their delay in releasing casting, I shouldn't be surprised. But, it's still hilarious.

2 hours ago, abatt said:

The web design is poor because you have to put your cursor over every performance to see the cast.  The old web design was superior because it allowed you to see all the casting for each performance easily at a glance.

Just below the calendar is a link that reads:  Download the Spring Season performance calendar with full casting.

If you click on that, you'll see the casting for all of the performances.

12 minutes ago, RUKen said:

Just below the calendar is a link that reads:  Download the Spring Season performance calendar with full casting.

If you click on that, you'll see the casting for all of the performances.

Thank you for that! Never saw that.

But, even that link is hard to find. It's not visible on the "Master Calendar" page (which is where I always go). You have to go to the "Spring Season Calendar".

4 hours ago, ABT Fan said:

Thank you for that! Never saw that.

But, even that link is hard to find. It's not visible on the "Master Calendar" page (which is where I always go). You have to go to the "Spring Season Calendar".

Since that's a .pdf, I also wonder if it's updated as frequently as the website. (Possibly.)

Edited by nanushka
12 hours ago, nanushka said:

Since that's a .pdf, I also wonder if it's updated as frequently as the website. (Possibly.)

The pdf hasn't been updated yet with the cast changes that were announced during the last 12 hours or so.