I received an email explaining the Music Center will do a "Facebook live launch" of their upcoming 18/19 season tomorrow:

Join us on Facebook as we announce the spectacular 18/19 season of Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center! The Music Center’s President & CEO Rachel Moore and Vice President of Presentations & Education Michael Solomon will discuss the upcoming season, answer questions from fans and share what they are most looking forward to next season. Only on Facebook Live. April 24 at 11 a.m. PST.

Link to watch: https://www.facebook.com/MusicCenterLA/

Personally, I would just love an email listing this right now but to each marketer his own!

Posted (edited)

The 2018-19 schedule is now on their web site:

https://www.musiccenter.org/tickets/events-by-the-music-center/Glorya-Kaufman-Dance/1819-season/

Most interesting: Royal Ballet's Mayerling July 5-7, 2019! They are doing it in London in fall 2018, but I can't figure out how to make that work for my schedule, so this is nice to see. Only three performances.

Edited by California

I would love to see the RB's Mayerling.  I wonder if there is any plan to visit NYC

13 minutes ago, abatt said:

I would love to see the RB's Mayerling.  I wonder if there is any plan to visit NYC

Perhaps the much-lamented Lincoln Center Festival could host them in summer 2019!

Posted (edited)

I am so ecstatic about Mayerling. I also hate that this is in LA proper so I won't be able to see all three casts as the back and forth would be painful.

NEVERMIND: I am also confused if the previously announced RB/Wayne Macgregor/Walt Disney Hall collab is in addition to this, or does this replace that event for unnamed reasons? Or was that the Wayne Macgregor run in October (though that is with his company, not the RB)? To me it seems weird that the Royal would announce their tours, including a visit to LA, but not announce they are bringing Mayerling as well?

Sorry, I was going off of the email announcement which didn't clarify this, not the website link. I see now the other program.

Edited by ksk04

Miami City Ballet finally comes to town - to present George Balanchine's The Nutcracker
https://www.musiccenter.org/tickets/events-by-the-music-center/Glorya-Kaufman-Dance/1819-season/george-balanchines-the-nutcracker/

George Balanchine's
The Nutcracker
®
November 30, 2018 | 7:30 p.m.
December 1, 2018 | 2:00 p.m.
December 1, 2018 | 7:30 p.m.
December 2, 2018 | 11:00 a.m.
December 2, 2018 | 4:00 p.m.
The Music Center's Dorothy Chandler Pavilion

I just wish they were doing a Balanchine mixed rep of less-seen works.

I am trying without success (for the past hour) to get to the Music Center's site to buy tickets for Mayerling next July 4 weekend. Single tickets for the spring 2019 series went on sale at 10 am PDT, and I'm guessing they're just crashing. Anybody else having any luck? 

5 hours ago, California said:

I am trying without success (for the past hour) to get to the Music Center's site to buy tickets for Mayerling next July 4 weekend. Single tickets for the spring 2019 series went on sale at 10 am PDT, and I'm guessing they're just crashing. Anybody else having any luck? 

Their site finally came back ( as of 1:37 PDT) but when you try to get to the ticket purchasing site, they say they are having technical difficulties. I'll keep trying. If anybody figures out how to get through, please post.

Edited by California

I sometimes give up and just use the telephone in cases like that...do they have telephone sales?

Anyway, however you do it...good luck!

I got on  about an hour ago, after I saw your message California. I got tickets into my cart but then a big mess with my password that wouldn't work (despite it being correct). When I called, the guy said they weren't actually releasing them online for another hour so he was surprised I could even add them to my cart? Seems like a series of unfortunate technological mishaps, but I did get one date (so far) by phone.

30 minutes ago, ksk04 said:

I got on  about an hour ago, after I saw your message California. I got tickets into my cart but then a big mess with my password that wouldn't work (despite it being correct). When I called, the guy said they weren't actually releasing them online for another hour so he was surprised I could even add them to my cart? Seems like a series of unfortunate technological mishaps, but I did get one date (so far) by phone.

I just now got two tickets - picked from seating chart. Very nice. Then it stopped working so I couldn't get the Sunday matinee. And when I got back to that it seemed the option to "purchase tickets" had disappeared. I am amazed at how incompetent this whole process is -- I guess the Met and State Theater have us spoiled. Pretty good selection, though.

EDITED TO ADD: As of 5:15 pm PDT all three performance have "purchase tickets" available again. 

Edited by California

Can I ask for some suggestions on seating? About feet visibility, sidelines and distance from upstairs

The ramp in orchestra stalls looks decent from the photos on the official website. But I'm not sure what the space is really like. 

Are the front rows of loge and balcony too faraway?

As a short person, I'm  worried about tall men sitting in front of me.

And I'm kind of worried if I get a good seat after the cast is released (in May, I guess.)