This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB 2018-2019 Season

Baily Jones also debuted in Saratoga in 3rd Mvt, also with Sebastian. I was absolutely enchanted by all three of them. 

Precise clean technique, nailed all the tricky footwork, sparkling smiles from the ladies, and Sebastian NAILED the tours en l’air. 

I I think you’ll be very happy with his performance. 

On 8/31/2018 at 7:32 PM, cobweb said:

Trying to recall who were last year’s apprentices. Is this the whole batch of them, or was there anyone not continuing on?

I believe Roman Mejia became an apprentice at the same time as this crew. He danced in the SAB workshop with India Bradley, Nieve Corrigan, and the others, but he became a corps member last fall. I can't think of anyone from that group that didn't get into the company, but I'll look at my SAB workshop program again.

49 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Is Georgina Pazcogiun dancing this season? I can't remember if she returned at the end of last season or not

I don't have my old programs handy, but I'm pretty sure I saw her in West Side Story Suite. She is inexplicably underused. 

4 hours ago, cobweb said:

I don't have my old programs handy, but I'm pretty sure I saw her in West Side Story Suite. She is inexplicably underused. 

I agree cobweb, that Georgina Pazcogiun has been underused. I know she was out with a knee problem and don't know if she's returned to the company.

I am so thrilled I'll get to see Peck and de Luz do Tschai pas on the 21st! After reading all of the stupendous reports about them (esp Peck) in this piece on this site, I'm so happy I'll finally get to see this. I bought my ticket a month or so ago hoping they'd be cast. 

On 8/30/2018 at 9:43 AM, vendangeuse said:

I only just received mine on Monday, so I would think they are still trickling out. 

I had a funny experience with my subscription. I still hadn't received my tickets so I emailed on Friday, and received a reply that there was no record that I had a subscription. I called on Saturday, knowing I'd paid for the subscription via credit card. As always, I was dealt with in a polite, friendly & professional manner. It took at least 45 minutes on the phone, of giving information and being put on hold before the mystery was solved. My subscription and seats were accounted for, but somehow the tickets had never been printed and mailed. I requested that the tickets be held at the box office for pick up. About an hour later I received a follow-up phone call saying that my tickets had just been printed, and would be held at the box office as requested. The other subscriber materials would be mailed on Monday. Strange no? My DeLuz tickets came weeks ago! At least the music is nice when your on hold.

... and didn’t you not long ago also have the experience of being the only person seated in the entire fourth ring? Sometimes the box office seems a little confused. They are very pleasant and helpful, but I do get tired of hearing the “Serenade” music while on hold. I finally got my subscription tickets the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. 

In looking over Week 1 casting, I note the absence of Ashly Isaacs. Seems like she has been out for ages - I can't remember the last time I saw her. She has done the third movement of Symphony in C, but I'm taking the fact that they're that to Woodward, as an indication Isaacs is likely still out. I also wonder why they don't let Alston Macgill do that role again, as she did it in the Paris video. Also, no Harrison Coll, but then, I don't think he's done featured roles in any of these particular ballets, so hopefully that doesn't mean anything. Why no Ashley Laracey in Concerto Barocco?? 😕

As to the hold music... I got "Serenade" again today... can't wait for performances, and ballet-alert commenting, to begin!!