mnacenani

"Manon" Osipova-Shklyarov "Friday the 13th" April

5 hours ago, Gnossie said:

My Prima at the RB is Miss Cuthbertson and the de facto Prima is Núñez, not Osipova. 

Yes, yes and yes! 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, volcanohunter said:

the British Airways flight from London to Moscow is a surreal experience,

Suggest you always wear gloves and don't eat or drink anything while on board, as some of the seats might be contaminated with "полоний-210" or "новичок" !!  :speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003:

Edited by mnacenani

7 hours ago, Mashinka said:

That's as may be, but guess who pulls in the punters?

Sure thing ! As I said before, I'm not going to endure a 4-hour flight and the unbearable 1+ hour queue at Heathrow for anyone else. I wish Natasha would come to her senses and go back to Russia - she'll get real competition there, would really keep her on her toes ! :P

2 hours ago, mnacenani said:

Sure thing ! As I said before, I'm not going to endure a 4-hour flight and the unbearable 1+ hour queue at Heathrow for anyone else. I wish Natasha would come to her senses and go back to Russia - she'll get real competition there, would really keep her on her toes ! :P

She has competition in London.  Francesca Hayward completely out danced her in Rhapsody, more to do with shortcomings in Russian training than anything lacking in Ms Osipova's abilities, but it is telling that she finds Ashton's choreography problematic.  I agree with other posters that recent developments at the Bolshoi are worrying, if the company does come to London next year, I won't be booking blind for anything, there are very few female dancers in the company I would want to watch.  My days of regular trips to Moscow are long, long gone and there's little to tempt me over to Paris any more, though that's more to do with repertoire.  With a line up of Hayward, Lamb, Naghdi Nunez and Osipova, I just don't see the need to travel to see ballet any more.

7 minutes ago, Mashinka said:

She has competition in London.  Francesca Hayward completely out danced her in Rhapsody, more to do with shortcomings in Russian training than anything lacking in Ms Osipova's abilities, but it is telling that she finds Ashton's choreography problematic.  I agree with other posters that recent developments at the Bolshoi are worrying, if the company does come to London next year, I won't be booking blind for anything, there are very few female dancers in the company I would want to watch.  My days of regular trips to Moscow are long, long gone and there's little to tempt me over to Paris any more, though that's more to do with repertoire.  With a line up of Hayward, Lamb, Naghdi Nunez and Osipova, I just don't see the need to travel to see ballet any more.

I respect your personal likes. I am only interested in Russian classical repertory, Petipa, Lavrovsky, Yakabson, Burmeister, Grigarovich. I like seeing the very best of what I like and am not interested in seeing anything different or new (same thing for food : whether in Istanbul or in Moscow I always go to the same restaurant/s and usually order the same dish/es  :yahoo::yahoo:)

On 4/18/2018 at 9:14 AM, mnacenani said:

Suggest you always wear gloves and don't eat or drink anything while on board, as some of the seats might be contaminated with "полоний-210" or "новичок" !!  :speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003:

Of fly Aeroflot instead. Russians won't spill the nasty stuff on their national carrier.