This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Announcing the Fantasty Ballet Company upcoming season

Over in the thread about Mark Morris' Layla and Majnun several people thought we should start a fantasy ballet season.  There were several suggestions about what we could do (commission new choreography from any choreographers, draft a season of existing works cast by anyone we choose, create theme programming...) -- they all sound like big fun, so I'm going to suggest that we keep our options open here.  Mull over what you really want to see, and who you really want to see do it, and bring your programming here.  Companies everywhere are announcing their 2018-19 seasons -- here is the inaugural season of of the Fantasy Ballet Company.

I saw a lot of the Joffrey company growing up, and so I want to reach back into their history for a program of "can we still revive that?"

Pas de déesses (Joffrey/Field)

Three Cornered Hat (Massine/deFalla)

Astarte (Joffrey/Crome Syrcus)

I'm going to leave casting alone for this one.

Thanks for starting this, sandik! I've been trying to come up with ballets/casting for a few days and am still mulling it over.

I saw Pas de déesses many times when I was young by the Ohio Ballet (when they still existed). I always loved that ballet, but I'm afraid I don't remember much of it. I'll have to jog my memory on YouTube.