This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ilona Landgraf closes (and restarts) her blog

dirac

Blogging is a tough business, especially for a niche interest like dance, and the kind of long reporting and reviewing that Landgraf did is hard work enough in itself. This is a big loss and I am sorry that I will no longer be linking to her articles. I wish her the best of everything and I hope her blog can remain online for the appreciation of those who discover it.

I'm pleased to report that after another hiatus, Ilona Landgraf has returned to active duty on her blog. Here's her review of the Czech National Ballet:

Necessity Yields Virtue

The Czechs’ are clearly adept at making films – no matter the genre. Last December, the Czech National Ballet danced a heartwarming “The Nutcracker – A Christmas Carol”, which was broadcast live on national television and on YouTube. This March, they premiered recordings of two short new pieces on their YouTube channel. The works – “Puppet” by Douglas Lee and “Dos Soles Solos” by Alejandro Cerrudo – are well worth watching. They are part of a triple bill (the third, yet-to-be released piece is by Cayetano Soto) that will be performed for an in-person audience whenever Czech theaters are allowed to re-open for the public. Martin Kubala, the filmmaker who oversaw the recording, expertly captured the production from interesting angles and distances.