kbarber

National Ballet of Canada 2018-19 season

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, McJagger said:

My daughter attended a dress rehearsal of Paz de la Jolla the other night. Dylan Tedaldi spoke to the group in the intermission and said he was leaving the company to go to a contemporary company in Israel. 

That is a great loss I think to the Canadian company.  I found them more decidedly mixed than I had remembered (not having seen them since the Ratmansky R&J when it was performed in London).  After seeing them dance Nijinsky in several performances in Paris there was no question but that Tedaldi was a definite standout.  None.  Frola was definitely another.  I'm sure Kain will have some new very exciting additions to her roster to announce soon.  

Edited by meunier fan

When there is official news of which company Tedaldi will join, please post it.

Posted (edited)

From a 19 June email from the National Ballet to Celia Franca Society members:

"Robert Stephen will be leaving the company to join Gauthier Dance in Stuttgart, and Dylan Tedaldi will be leaving to join the Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company, one of the leading dance companies in the world of contemporary dance."

Edited by Blackcurrant

I wish both these dancers well, and will miss seeing them onstage in Toronto.

I don't know why the company didn't announce these moves along with the promotions, as they normally do.

It's been my great pleasure to watch Robert Stephen perform since he was a student at the National Ballet School, and I'm so glad that I got to see his cast in "Men in Black" this past Sunday.  I am incredibly sad that to learn that he is leaving the company.