This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Michael Curry becomes California Ballet Company's new Executive Director

I didn't see any area for Cal Bal, a major San Diego company, so this seemed appropriate, if anybody is from here.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/theater/sd-me-california-ballet-20180111-story.html

California Ballet on Thursday announced that it has named San Diego native Michael Andrew Currey as its new executive director, replacing Maxine Mahon, who founded San Diego’s oldest professional dance organization 50 years ago.

Currey — who has served in leadership roles at The Joffrey Ballet, New York City Opera, Chicago Children’s Theatre and Maine State Music Theater — comes to San Diego from Salt Lake City, where he was general manager of Ballet West, one of the nation’s top ballet companies.

“I am excited to return to San Diego and lead this wonderful company into its next 50 years,” says Currey, “San Diego is truly America’s Finest City, and its natural beauty is only matched by the great cultural arts organizations that have long been a part of the fabric of this great city.  I am exhilarated about leading this company to a new level, and working with the wonderful staff and artists to bring sustainable growth to the organization.”