This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Binet Allegations

I think that statements of alleged hope about an end to disputes mistreatment retaliation abuse ignore the history of forever war see eg Europe 

meanwhile people say they seek snitches on this same site

so go on the record as a snitch and suffer consequences as usual bc of some notion of we are good they are bad and justice which could mean punishment both of which elsewhere we are urged to avoid on this board

1 hour ago, Blackcurrant said:

Indeed, I was not addressing US law. Since the NBOC is in Canada, I thought Canadian sources would be most relevant to this thread.

Government of Canada's Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety  site also includes a Q and A about what examples are of what's considered bullying in its definition. These examples, designed with occupational health and safety / HR departments in mind, are narrower in scope than some of the ones pertaining to fradulent or intimidating persuasion that Vs1 mentions.

Yes I was referring to dupont in France as well as my experience in USA, as well as the UN.

I have only ever studied three issues of Canadian law but I won't go into the them. The issues allegedly come to light are irrelevant to me given the biased  arrogant superior so called expert press misreporting this week by both opposing  opinion networks which contravenes basic daily practiced  ny and federal law knowingly.  Maybe this info is even tradecraft, who knows.   

I remember a shampoo commercial -he told two friends etc -like a game of telephone. So info on the Internet and dead baby pix ( incl those on video as the kids pulled the sheet over their heads- which also could be edited ) - that come up in the rags and new info outlets can mean to you whatever you hope they do.

Edited by Vs1
On 4/18/2018 at 2:16 PM, Blackcurrant said:

Indeed, I was not addressing US law. Since the NBOC is in Canada, I thought Canadian sources would be most relevant to this thread.

Government of Canada's Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety  site also includes a Q and A about what examples are of what's considered bullying in its definition. These examples, designed with occupational health and safety / HR departments in mind, are narrower in scope than some of the ones pertaining to fradulent or intimidating persuasion that Vs1 mentions.

Holy smokes did I ever miss a lot while on vacation. 

Thank you blackcurrant for your links here. Very interesting to read. And actually kind of nice to know that we are starting to expect more from corporate policy and how it can and must protect employees. It shows just how far behind some sector are from others. Hopefully the arts catch up.

I also find it very interesting vs1 reading through this thread those who appear to be in agreement that any corruption or nepotism is wrong ....but then call about finding out about "snitches". 

In terms of dancers leaving it definitely does not look good. But I have to agree with volcanohunter and say I just can't blame them for wanting better repertoire and a less toxic work environment.

The NBoC website's Board of Directors page now has links to the BoD code of conduct and ethics and conflict of interest policy. Probably a very wise move given the critique they received last year and the current events in various workplaces.

There is another code of code of conduct and ethics for the company at large linked on the bottom of the main page.

Having them is a good first step. I suppose time will tell as to the quality of implementation, how they are used, and whether they are integrated into a healthy company culture and effective leadership.

Edited by kylara7
Added third link/clarification
On 9/17/2018 at 4:53 PM, kylara7 said:

The NBoC website's Board of Directors page now has links to the BoD code of conduct and ethics and conflict of interest policy. Probably a very wise move given the critique they received last year and the current events in various workplaces.

There is another code of code of conduct and ethics for the company at large linked on the bottom of the main page.

Having them is a good first step. I suppose time will tell as to the quality of implementation, how they are used, and whether they are integrated into a healthy company culture and effective leadership.

Good find, kylara7. Unless one is specifically looking for these it seems like they would largely go unnoticed. They are dated recently, too. Is anyone else having trouble clicking on the part where it references the company policy on hiring family members? It may be my home computer that is unable to click properly.

That link doesn't seem to be clickable. Maybe there is another policy somewhere (offline) and what appears on the those links is copy/paste from a larger policy document?

Either way, it appears that they were "encouraged" to show that they had (or recently installed) these policies. I think NYCB and other companies (e.g., Finnish National Ballet) have also beefed up/added official policies on these matters based on recent events.

Of course none of this seems to affect the rather unorthodox "family ties" that are already entrenched at NBoC, as we've discussed here and on other BA threads...