This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nutcracker casting & recommendations

pbl

Is the casting for Nutcracker out yet? Can anyone explain why the casting is not announced far in advance as it is with ABT?

Having been away for two years, with the company now so profoundly changed, I would really appreciate some recommendations for which dancers to try to see in Nutcracker, SL & G&G.

And of course if there is some secret to getting the casting earlier (without major donations) please do share details.

Thank you!

I am getting advertisements in my email every day but still no mention of casting. The only thing I have discovered with any mention of casting was on their Facebook page, referring to an article about Sydney Dolan a 16 year old apprentice being cast as the Sugar Plumb but I can not find any list of performance casting.

Edited by balletomane

Still no casting.  I don’t have any super strong recommendations, as PAB has lost most of their Balanchine-type dancers.  Personally, I have really enjoyed Alexandra Hughes Dewdrop.  She was promoted this year to soloist and is on the advertisements, so they may be giving her a SPF.  I’ve never seen her in that role but I do love her Dewdrop.  She trained at SAB.

A Nutcracker Flash Sale:

Great Savings on Great Seats!

Journey to the Land of the Sweets for Philadelphia’s most beloved holiday tradition. Giant mice, dancing snowflakes, a growing Christmas tree, and an enchanted nutcracker are sure to delight the inner child in everyone.

Today and tomorrow only- Use the promo code SUGARPLUM to save 30% on select seats to performances on 12/9 (7:00pm) and 12/17 (5:00pm)*