This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

23 hours ago, dirac said:

Waiting impatiently for your report. :)

I apologize for the delay. Reality is.... there's not too much to report. The only reason I went was to see this up and coming ballerina in yet another tutu role, but one that I really have never cared too much for. I have always found Cinderella's score too anticlimactic...the very opposite of the basis of ballet "musique dansante", and with very few flashy moments, if any at all. I have never seen the Fonteyn video in its entirety, with Ashton's take, neither Lavrovsky's with Strutchkova, so I might be missing something there. As far as every other version I have seen, including this one, it never truly succedes in arousing enough interest on me.

Teuscher danced in a small stage, with canned music and surrounded by non professional dancers, all of them amost teens, so she honestly looked the oldest and the tallest up there, which was a bit weird. Stearns partnered her, at times awkwardly, although I would think they might had just rehearsed the whole thing for the first time probably the very same day of the performance-(the did two).

And that's about it. Quite uninteresting, but it has little to do with Teuscher or Stearns and much with the whole thing, choreographically and musically wise.