Dates have been announced for the 2018 Vail Dance Festival: July 28-August 11, 2018

https://vaildance.org/

I'm not finding any information about a new artistic director, so perhaps Damian Woetzel will continue, despite his new gig at Julliard.

Programming for events like this is often done in advance -- Woetzel may already have most of the parts in place for the 2018 season.

Tonight Herman Cornejo debuts "Suite of Dances" by Jerome Robbins (and coached by Damian Woetzel). Anyone going to be there?

I was in Vail for a number of days over the first week, so through the International Evenings.  Saw three performances and one rehearsal.  No mention was made about Woetzel leaving (though I thought it had been announced quite some time ago).  He was very present and involved, so one had no indication that there was any succession planning going on.  I did see "Suite of Dances" btw - both in rehearsal and in the International Evening II.

I’ve wondered how he can juggle it all.  However, in the interview with Woetzel that the Conversations on Dance podcast released last week, he said that he plans to continue his presence and that the timing of the Festival is at a good time of year when activities at Juilliard are on summer hiatus. I guess we shall see.