This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2018 Met Season

4 hours ago, nanushka said:

David Hallberg social media update:

Current Instagram story says, "Gearing up to head back to NY."

Interesting. Hope he's fully recovered. By other dancers' Instagrams, Harlequinade rehearsals have been in full swing, which of course they should be so close to the start of the season, so I wonder how his cast has been learning/rehearsing this new ballet without him. He's a pro, so I guess as long as he arrives in NY really soon, he can pick this up with enough time. Still have my eye on the casting, though.....

Bought Giselle tickets for her.  Cost a ton of money.    Should have (actually did) expect this would happen.  I don't want to have to see even more ballets than I have tickets for, so is there a way to sell them?  Stub hub never worked for me. 

Edited by Vs1
5 minutes ago, Vs1 said:

Should have (actually did) expect this would happen.  I don't want to have to see even more ballets than I have tickets for, so is there a way to sell them?  Stub hub never worked for me. 

Was there something that led you to believe this would happen? Has she often been injured?

I've seen people selling their tickets outside of the house, which I realize is a bit of a hassle. There's also this forum:

http://balletalert.invisionzone.com/forum/262-tickets-and-ticket-offers/

Just now, fondoffouettes said:

Was there something that led you to believe this would happen? Has she often been injured?

I've seen people selling their tickets outside of the house, which I realize is a bit of a hassle. There's also this forum:

http://balletalert.invisionzone.com/forum/262-tickets-and-ticket-offers/

No, it is just what often happens to me.  

I have never ever been able to sell outside, at ballet or concerts, even when I have front row seats or general admission tickets.

On April 21, 2018 at 7:31 PM, LadyBubbles said:

No word at all. Waski posted a video rehearsing the role a few weeks ago. If it's injury related, we'll find out soon. Hopefully it's not an injury.

Either way, bummer that she won't get to perform the role but happy that K.Williams is getting an opportunity.

Waski took over ABT's Instagram stories tonight for their fundraiser at the Hudson Yards, and in the last story I just watched she was wearing a boot on her right foot. So, she's clearly injured. I feel bad for her and was looking forward to hearing about her debut. Hopefully, she won't miss out on the entire Met season. Like others, I am glad that Wiliams is getting a shot in her place.

Oh, what a shame. IIRC, wasn't she replaced in the fall season too? I can't remember, but I thought she was originally cast in a featured role and then replaced.

Since there are currently no tall female soloist, I have a feeling ABT is looking at tall corps ladies and hopefully promote a few of them in July. This could have been a great chance for her. Hopefully she can recover from this and come back stronger next season.

14 hours ago, LadyBubbles said:

Oh, what a shame. IIRC, wasn't she replaced in the fall season too? I can't remember, but I thought she was originally cast in a featured role and then replaced.

Since there are currently no tall female soloist, I have a feeling ABT is looking at tall corps ladies and hopefully promote a few of them in July. This could have been a great chance for her. Hopefully she can recover from this and come back stronger next season.

I'm sorry to hear about her injury. I'm looking forward to seeing what Katie Williams will do with the role, but hers wouldn't have been the first name I would have guessed as the substitute for Waski. She's one of those dancers who has been in the corps for about a decade, gets a variation every now and then, but hasn't seemed especially favored by management. I'm very glad she's getting the opportunity, though. Her stage presence is rather sweet and warm, so I hope she can pull off the chilliness of Myrtha. 

I know she's not the tallest dancer, but I don't see why they don't have Boylston learn Myrtha. She strikes me as a Myrtha rather than a Giselle (and a Gamzatti rather than a Nikiya, for that matter). Or she could at least be someone like Murphy who alternates. 

47 minutes ago, fondoffouettes said:

I know she's not the tallest dancer, but I don't see why they don't have Boylston learn Myrtha. She strikes me as a Myrtha rather than a Giselle (and a Gamzatti rather than a Nikiya, for that matter). Or she could at least be someone like Murphy who alternates. 

Boylston was doing Gamzatti for a few years, and she was good in the role.  I don't see her a Nikiya at all.  I saw Boylston's Giselle last year, and I thought it was technically very strong.  She excels at jumping and spinning.  However, she is not a lyrical or dramatic dancer, so that aspect of  her performance was less satisfying.  

Boylston could easily be Lane's Myrta. For starters, she looks tall next to Lane, and I agree that she has a rather strong presence (and a big jump). Good qualities for a Myrta (but then there's the acting part of it).

She wouldn't look tall next to half of the corps, but she's tall next to the ladies who'd stand in the front row.

Having said that, she already has so many roles I doubt she'd even be interested in learning Myrta even though it might be a good fit for her.

I'm sorry not to see Paulina's Myrta but look forward to Katie Williams as well. I think Stephanie Williams would do well in the role too. I don't know her height but she seems on the taller side to me. She has that dark beauty and lyricism that reminds me a bit of V Part. 

3 hours ago, NinaFan said:

Has anyone heard any rumblings as to who Teuscher's Romeo might be?  Originally Lendorf was supposed to be her Romeo, but it's been changed to TBA for a while.

Nope. Very curious about that too. And, the rest of the TBA's are driving me crazy (including who the Purple Rothbart's will be). Too many unknowns so close to the start of the season.

On April 18, 2018 at 12:19 PM, angelica said:

I'm sure you and California are right. I was confused because his name has been on the online site for so long now, and the brochure arrived just yesterday. They must  need a very long time to print and mail the brochures.

I just received an email from the company promoting Kim in Bayadere, so he's still coming. 

1 hour ago, ABT Fan said:

I just received an email from the company promoting Kim in Bayadere, so he's still coming. 

ABT Fan, thank you for remembering my query. I got the same email today. I note that they cannot spell Nikiya. I think that's because they were using a device with Autocorrect. My cell phone made the same mistake in another connection.

9 hours ago, angelica said:

ABT Fan, thank you for remembering my query. I got the same email today. I note that they cannot spell Nikiya. I think that's because they were using a device with Autocorrect. My cell phone made the same mistake in another connection.

Yes, I noticed that too.  The lead female dancer is "Nikita".

5 hours ago, abatt said:

Yes, I noticed that too.  The lead female dancer is "Nikita".

I received the e-mail too, so I guess they're not selling tickets as well as they'd expected.  LOL on Nikita! I just focused on Seo's name and didn't even notice the typo.

25 minutes ago, NinaFan said:

I received the e-mail too, so I guess they're not selling tickets as well as they'd expected. 

Boy, are you right. I didn't even consider that. Just looked at the site and there are a ton of seats available for both of Kim's performances. But, same for both of Copeland's shows, so I guess it's the ballet and not the dancer's.