This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Robert Fairchild leaving NYCB

NinaFan

19 minutes ago, nanushka said:

Duo Concertant was not originally planned to be part of that program; they must have added it especially for him.

Yes, I agree that they must have added it for him.   I didn't even realize that it wasn't part of the original program until you mentioned it.  

I just received an e-mail from NYCB as follows:

News Alert

It has just been announced that Principal Dancer Robert Fairchild, who took leave of absence from NYCB to make his Broadway and West End debuts in An American in Paris, has decided to conclude his New York City Ballet career this fall to pursue other opportunities in musical theater and film. 

3814-fy18-finalperformancesimageoverlay-

Robert Fairchild and Sterling Hyltin in Duo Concertant

In celebration of Robert's NYCB career, Peter Martins has added Duo Concertant to the All Balanchine program on the final two matinees of the fall, where Robert is scheduled to appear alongside Principal Dancer Sterling Hyltin. We anticipate high demand for these performances, and we encourage you to purchase tickets now if you would like to be in attendance. 

We hope you’ll join us in thanking Robert for sharing his extraordinary talent while at NYCB, and in wishing him the best as he moves on to the next phase of his career.

18 minutes ago, cobweb said:

If anyone notices the 4th ring being opened for ticket sales for either performance (Oct 14 matinee and Oct 15 matinee), please post or PM me. 

Looks like Fourth Ring rows A and B just opened for Sunday, Oct 15. 

Edited by NinaFan

Catazaro seems to be "next in line" for promotion among the men, and  Fairchild's departure moves up the timetable.  He gave some lackluster performances last season. I hope he can make a great success out of his debut as Siegfried.

Edited by abatt
5 hours ago, NinaFan said:

Yes, I agree that they must have added it for him.   I didn't even realize that it wasn't part of the original program until you mentioned it.  

The email below from NYCB confirms the addition.  Sorry I probably can't get to see it.

"In celebration of Robert's NYCB career, Peter Martins has added Duo Concertant to the All Balanchine program on the final two matinees of the fall, where Robert is scheduled to appear alongside Principal Dancer Sterling Hyltin. We anticipate high demand for these performances, and we encourage you to purchase tickets now if you would like to be in attendance. "