This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nicolas Le Riche Royal Swedish Ballet AD

I didn't want to create a new thread for this so I'm free riding on this one . . .

The Royal Swedish Ballet has announced its 2019-2020 and, in some respects, its more French than what you will see at the Paris Opera Ballet:

• Giselle (Makharova production)
  • All Stravinsky: Noces (Angelin Preljocaj)/Agon (George Balanchine)/Rite of Spring (Maurice Bejart)
  • Nutcracker (Par Isberg)
  • wings of Wax (Jiri Kylian)/Woman with Water (Mats Ek)/Minus 16 (Ohad Naharin)
  • Don Quixote (Nureyev production)
  • Les Ballets Suedois - 100 Years - a Tribute: Skating Rink (after Jean Borlin)/La Boite a Joujoux (Jean-Guillaume Bart)/Carmen (Roland Petit)

Just a side note—more “free-riding” I guess: Royal Swedish Ballet is where onetime Atlanta Ballet ballerina Alessa Rogers landed this season (2018-2019) after a season with the Ballet du Rhin. (In Atlanta, Rogers originated the lead role in Tharp’s adaptation of The Princess and the Goblin and also danced Juliet in Maillot’s Romeo and Juliet. I found her, season after season and role after role, one of their most compelling dancers.) I hope she finds artistic fulfillment wherever she is....