This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2017 promotions prediction/wish list

Nothing yet. I realize Wednesday is not ideal to announce promotions in class because you'd want to avoid disappointed dancers at the matinee show (only like 2 or so hours after class), but the wait is killing me. I just want to know, but at the same time I'm scared to find out. I'm scared of, yet again, being disappointed because of certain dancer possibly being left behind.

It's striking to note that, with Vishneva's and Part's departures, ABT has only 6 female principals left: Abrera, Boylston, Copeland, Kochetkova, Murphy, Seo.

Kochetkova danced hardly at all this season, and is also a principal with another company, so in a sense that leaves five –– two of whom have demonstrated fairly significant technical deficiencies this season and before.

America's National Ballet Company® seriously needs an infusion of principal-level talent. But it's a serious shame that Part is being flung aside just when the ranks are so lacking in seasoned principal-level long-term experience. (They have 29 years among the six of them -– 15 of which are Murphy's alone!)

Edited by nanushka