i also would like to see a real   reconstruction of Petipa’s King’s Command (aka Les Eleves de Dupre), where is gnossie!

and  all her wonderful comments have disappeared ,, why?

Edited by tabitha

16 hours ago, tabitha said:

i also would like to see a real   reconstruction of Petipa’s King’s Command (aka Les Eleves de Dupre), where is gnossie!

and  all her wonderful comments have disappeared ,, why?

Gnossie is listed as “inactive member.” 

L’Ordre du Roi remains one of a handful of ballets among the Sergeev notes (Harvard) that have yet to be used for a staging. Above, Laurent mentioned a part of that ballet (Pas des Etoiles) that was recently staged by Danil’ Salimbaev, the ballet master of Russia’s Chuvash State Opera and Ballet Theatre in Cheboksary. Even that appears to be a new creation as part of a Petipa Tribute mixed bill, not using the Harvard notes. At least Salimbaev used the correct musical score by Vizentini, unlike Samodurov in Ekaterinburg.

A link to the Chuvash Theatre’s Page on the Petipa Tribute evening that included the Pas des Etoiles.

http://opera21.ru/page.php?id=3788

Since it’s just in Russian, I’ve translated the list of ballets shown:

Dream of Aurora” by Salimbaev to Tchaikovsky music...apparently a new ballet based on Sleeping Beauty (!)

Pas des Etoiles from L’Ordre du Roi” to Vizentini music, by Salimbaev

Shades from Bayadere” by Petipa, to Minkus

Act II from Paquita” (Grand Pas) by Petipa, to Minkus

The accompanying page of photos for this program:

http://opera21.ru/page.php?id=3786

The few pics of a couple in blue must be from the Pas des Etoiles...just before the pics of the Shades.

Edited by CharlieH

thank you  i s aw that but such a shame all her wonderful comments have  been deleted . i enjoyed reading them and agreed  with so much.

Edited by tabitha

3 minutes ago, tabitha said:

thank you  i s aw that but such a shame all her wonderful comments have  been deleted . i enjoyed reading them and agreed  with them all.

So did I. Sometimes it’s the choice of the member to remove his/her contributions when leaving the group. Just guessing.

glad you agreed too. is a loss for us all.hope will meet her someday in person then