This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

This year I've managed to see many of the musicals and plays up for contention. Last night I saw Dear Evan Hansen and think that as much as I enjoyed Come From Away and The Great Comet, Dear Evan Hansen is by far the strongest musical this season. I also think that Ben Platt should be a lock to win Best Actor. Of the revivals, I really enjoyed Hello Dolly! and think Bette will win Best Actress but I also wasn't as blown away by it as others. I loved Gavin Creel as Cornelius though. Sunset Boulevard IMO can't quite overcome the fact that Glenn Close can't sing anymore. 

I've also seen a few plays and see Oslo next week. I was very impressed with Allison Janney in Six Degrees of Separation.

GetTV recently showed her first television special,  "Ol' Red Hair is Back." I expect it's on YouTube somewhere.  It starts with Midler emerging from a giant clamshell in a beaded sarong on some sort of Polynesian isle and she sings a rousing version of.......... "Oklahoma!" with the natives enthusiastically joining in. Ah, the seventies.

Returning to the topic, sort of: James Earl Jones will be honored at the ceremony.

1 hour ago, dirac said:

GetTV recently showed her first television special,  "Ol' Red Hair is Back." I expect it's on YouTube somewhere.  It starts with Midler emerging from a giant clamshell in a beaded sarong on some sort of Polynesian isle and she sings a rousing version of.......... "Oklahoma!" with the natives enthusiastically joining in. Ah, the seventies.

Indeed.  The further we get from that time, the more astonishing it seems to me.

Here it is, including fire spinners.

Edited by sandik