This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Lucien Postlewaite Returning for 2017-18 Season

The PNB press release:

Pacific Northwest Ballet Artistic Director Peter Boal announced today that former PNB principal dancer and current Les Ballets de Monte Carlo principal dancer Lucien Postlewaite will return to PNB this fall for the 2017-2018 season. Mr. Postlewaite danced with PNB from 2003 to 2012, at which point he left to join Jean-Christophe Maillot’s Les Ballets de Monte Carlo. He has returned for guest appearances in Maillot’s Roméo et Juliette and Cendrillon.

“At PNB, relationships between audiences and dancers run deep,” said Mr. Boal, in his announcement. “We love watching new dancers take the stage and look forward to seeing seasoned dancers return to signature roles. When a dancer leaves the company, we feel the loss. Every now and then, a favorite returns like a prodigal son. I'm so pleased to announce Lucien Postlewaite is coming home. He'll be returning to PNB next season stepping into roles both familiar and new. After a five year tenure with Les Ballets de Monte Carlo we are so pleased to welcome Lucien back to Seattle.”

“I am excited to be joining PNB for the upcoming season,” said Mr. Postlewaite. “While I'd say I spent my formative years at PNB, my time at Les Ballets de Monte Carlo has been transformative. I look forward to reinterpreting the roles I've already danced with a fresh perspective and to exploring the creations and works that have been added to PNB's repertoire since I left five years ago. I am grateful to Peter Boal for this opportunity to return home and am eager to continue my artistic journey with my Seattle friends, colleagues and audience.”

Born in Santa Cruz, California, Lucien Postlewaite trained at the School of American Ballet in New York and Pacific Northwest Ballet School in Seattle. He joined Pacific Northwest Ballet in 2003, was promoted to soloist in 2007, and principal in 2008, when he also received a Princess Grace Award. In 2012, he joined Les Ballets de Monte Carlo, directed by choreographer Jean-Christophe Maillot, as a principal dancer. He performed leading roles in ballets including, La Belle, Cendrillon, Roméo et Juliette, Vers un Pays Sage, LAC, CHORÉ, and Casse-Noisette Compagnie. Mr. Postlewaite is a founding member of Seattle based contemporary dance company, Whim W’Him. He has performed as a guest artist with the New York City Ballet and has appeared in galas around the U.S. as well as in China and Japan.

PNB is now accepting season subscription renewals and new subscription orders for its 2017-2018 season, which features a newly-designed production of George Balanchine’s Jewels, a program devoted to female choreographers, the return of Kent Stowell’s Swan Lake, and much more; For further information, contact the PNB Box Office by phone at 206.441.2424, online at PNB.org, or in person at 301 Mercer Street. All programming and dates are subject to change. For more information, visit PNB.org.